Part I - Crimson Gaze

Greed. Lust. Killings. Injustice. And most importantly, Power.

These are the things us, humans, yearn. No matter how much you possess, there always will be a hint of no contentment in our hearts and that's the truth.

Some may gather that the stone they found is enough. Acceptance of what they bear. But some would rather walk through broken glass, barefoot just to make something out of it. Turning the bland, worthless stone into a beautiful curvature.

That's how you perceive life.

If one does not make a move then there will be no step for them to avail. But does taking advantage of one's naivety makes you have the sense of superiority? -No matter how strong the power you hold and with no help of brains, it would only be a heavy burden on your shoulders, making if rather futile.

Y/n Hawthorne, a woman from an unknown ancestry. You went through many names and identities yet you still hold a high profile in England. The lack of truth did not hinder you from being filthy rich and powerful individual. Hence why many aristocrats would do anything just to have a contact with you.

Which leads to Count Nikolái inviting you to a grand night ball to celebrate his homecoming all that way from Russia.

No one knew what your job was that's making you unbelievably rich despite of not being a big public figure. You didn't want eyes on you. You weren't so proud of your secret, which is the main cause of the killings of the nobility, but there's one thing to it that still keeps you going.

You hold no guilt.

-

"Lady Hawthorne," Xavier, your personal butler fretted. "There's a letter this morning from the Nikolái Manor. It seems that they're inviting you to a grand celebration for his homecoming this evening." He held out a small envelope as you took out the piece of parchment in it.

-

My dearest, Lady Hawthorne.

It's been quite a time since we've last seen one another. As the news has spread, I am indeed back in England just this morning. I will be having a gathering here at the manor. Your presence will be greatly appreciated by each and one of us.

Sincerely Yours,
Nikolái.

-

"Give me the cigarette ashtray." You demanded. Xavier was quite puzzled to what will be the need of it but eventually swiftly handed it to you. There you place the candle near and aimed the edge of the letter at the flame.

"I'm sorry to ask this, Madame, But didn't you agreed to attending the gathering?" The man pondered as you watch the parchment evaporate in thin air. You weren't looking at him but you can feel the bafflement written all over his face.

"I am."

"But you burned the letter? I don't want to question you, My lady, but how are you supposed to get in?" He alleged as his puzzled expression face you.

You let out a soft chuckle under your breath as your fingertips dusted off the burnt remnants of the paper. "Oh, I'll be there for certain so don't trouble yourself."

Xavier didn't question any further about your tactics and hummed to himself. Nikolái is one of the names you tallied for your targets. You were planning on taking advantage of the event and killing him that very night. He has a high profile in the city and uses that to hook young women, drugging their systems, then make use of it.
His brother, Igor, has a position in the government so his account would be easily covered if confronted by the lower classes.

Why don't you pick your own size, Nikolái?

Later that day, the sun had finally hid behind as the moon slowly embraces the sky. You wore a royal blue dress along with waxen stained threadwork gloves. Pearl necklace draped down to your collarbones with your hair up in a french style.

But behind that such innocent smile you wear is a walking threat.

A heavy sigh left your mouth as you stare at your figure in the mirror. Never let thoughts get the best of you, Y/n. You assured yourself once more before heading out of the room.

-

"Ah! As I expected. I was afraid you wouldn't show up this evening, My lady Hawthorne." Nikolái welcomed you in such enthusiasm which only annoyed you further.

"It's nice having you back the country, Count Nikolái." You sardonically greeted back. He immediately slipped his arms into yours and hooked you towards the floor.

Xavier lingered around the room but never really engaged around the big crowds. He was only there to look out for you al though you didn't really needed a man's protection. It was only for people wouldn't weird you out.

"Before everything starts, let me introduce you first to a dear friend of mine-" Nikolái swept his hands in the air and aimed to a certain figures from distant. But as you wander towards them, Their faces quickly hooked your heed.

Three men with tall frames hoisted right in front of your stance. You were never intimidated by men but something about these noblemen quickly got to your attention. Surely they didn't look much alike compared with the other two but they have this aura where it seems like there's more to it.

"The Moriarty's" Nikolái initiated.

The first man had a dark fawn locks slicked back. He doesn't have an intimidating fixate but rather deceptive. "It is very delightful to meet you Lady, Hawthorne. Albert, call me Albert." He amiably grinned.

The second one looked more timid and settled to his own company, but his appearance was a lot far from the first one. His hair was platinum blonde and wore a calmed study in his crimson eyes. A part of his hair covered the right side of his face which turned out to be hiding a mark. How it bothered you since it didn't look like he was born with it.

"Louis, Madame." The man softly uttered while bowing his head down.

And the very last, The one with most interesting aura. His eyes weren't deceiving nor righteous as the other. He has this sharp gaze but covers it up with a sardonic smile he wore. Strands of his platinum blonde hair draped down to his face as he ponderously gaze down on your figure. Studying every inch of your body and its language discreetly.

It's as if you met the male version of yourself even though you've only met minutes ago.

The man hastily lift your hands up placed a soft peck on your knuckles. His half lidded gaze wheeled back up on you with this very coy grin and introduced himself,

"William, My lady."