Part I: It's Just Us.

Targaryen's were known for keeping their blood pure, so it was no secret that the Rogue Prince's bastard daughter received plenty of questions regarding the truth.

Even since she could remember, she had faced scrutiny for her midnight black hair. The only thing Targaryen about her was her pale skin and lilac eyes.

Nevertheless, her father was proud and had her legitimised. Now Visenya of House Targaryen.

But names oftentimes meant little compared to blood. Only when it carried the benefit did the name mean more than blood.

And as a woman, she carried little benefits.

Visenya stretched out her arms while standing up, letting the wind beat against her body and wave her clothes.

Hearing Syrax behind her, she looked back and saw her cousin staring in anticipation. Looking back, Visenya tilted her head back the slightest before letting out a joyous laugh.

And when Rhaenyra smiled, her cousin let out a loud whoop as if she had won the war, which made her giggle.

Draegor landed, and with a smirk, Visenya got off and walked a few feet before falling on the grass, hearing Rhaenyra run up to her while their dragons took a liking to entertain one another.

Visenya sat on the hill with Rhaenyra. The Rogue Prince's bastard daughter had run out of the hall and fled on dragon back, Rhaenyra followed to comfort her.

And here she sat smiling as Visenya toyed with her fingers, seemingly fascinated by her hands. Rhaenyra always noticed how the dark-haired princess wanted to touch her hand. Completely fascinated until she lowered her hand, now holding Rhaenyra's hand on her chest.

The silver haired princess smiled when she felt the steady beat of her cousin's heart. Strong and firm as she saw her cousin.

"I did not wish to be born." The statement made the princess of Dragonstone worry. "My father is at fault, I had no say in who and how I was brought into the realm." She muttered on in High Valeryon, not trusting anyone wouldn't be listening in.

"What happened?" Rhaenyra knew Visenya only ranted about it when someone said something. "One of the knights bumped into me and called me a dumb bastard." She sighed, tearing her eyes from the ring she gifted Rhaenyra to look at her eyes.

"Who? I'll have his head this instance." The silver haired princess went to stand up but was stopped. "I had Daegor melt his sword." At the mention of his name, the dragon let out a soft pur, letting his rider know he was still satisfied with their choice of action.

"I will die old and alone." Visenya sighed, sitting up letting go of Rhaenyra, who frowned at her. "Not if I have a say." She moved closer and wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled the younger girl into her.

"You will sooner than later have a Lord to marry, and I'll be forgotten." Visenya looked down with tears falling silently. Her mother died giving birth, and she held her breath, waiting for her father to blame her. Sure, he would turn and point the finger at her for killing his lover. She blamed herself after all.

"I will never forget you." Rhaenyra kissed her jaw and rested her chin on Visenya's shoulder, closing her eyes.

As fast as they clouded her mind, the simple gesture from her cousin had snuffed them out. Even if Daemon didn't love her, Rhaenyra would care for her.

"I love you, Rhaenyra." Visenya whispered as if it was a well-kept secret. "I love you, Visenya." She declared firmly.

Rhaenyra was unaware of how powerful that three worded sentence was for Visenya. She never truly realised that it was her that kept her cousin sane, kept her coming back.