𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡- 𝑃𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡- 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑠ℎ

"They any good?" Harrington questioned the artwork as Robin made it back to the BMW.

She hadn't travelled through the house, much to the confusion of the man, but had looped her way around the back and side of the cabin instead.

"Yeah, actually, they're great- oh- his workspace is in the back yard- that's why I didn't come from the door."

Steve huffed, a slight smile forming on his face.
"I see- and yeah, he's always had quite a bit of talent in that area."

Robin shut the car door behind her, reaching over for the belt beside.
"Mhm. Done quite a few since he's been here."

"Really? Well, about what El said, he must really be interested in someone if he's travelled back all this way and is still spending his time painting for someone else."

Instead of replying, the woman thought back to the look on Will Byers' face; the way he flinched slightly when she spoke, the way that he cowered backwards when she had said something unexpected- something unnatural.

"Y'know... I don't think so."

A moment.

"He doesn't like anyone?"

"I... don't know."

The car rumbled beneath them and the exhaust spat out it's in-load of smoke. Robin watched as Steve pressed his foot down, reversing out of the driveway as he continued in a slow nod, concentrating more on driving than another reply.

When they had made it safely onto the main road, the man took to talking again.

"Oh- yeah- forgot to say- Keith called earlier to say that there's been another delivery at work- I don't know why he couldn't just move his ass and sort it out himself since it's his shift today, but-"

"God, do they ever stop ordering stuff? We're overrun as it is."

"Tell me about it- that office is getting fuller by the second... I mean, there isn't even meant to be that sorta stuff in there."

Robin nodded in agreement, bringing her elbow up to be propped onto the ledge. The window was open slightly, a faint summer breeze blowing in from the gap.
"It'd be a lot more organised if we owned it."

"I wouldn't be taking credit for that one- that'd be on you."

"Well, obviously. Correction- Family Video would be a lot more organised if I owned it."

Steve chuckled.
"Yeah, I can't argue with that."

The two quietened down again, taking in the sun and relaxing back into their seats. It was nice to watch the quiet backroads of Hawkins in the summer. No one ever ventured into that part of town anymore. Actually, no one ever ventured into most parts of Hawkins at all. It was quieter than the year before.

"We've worked there for over two years now, Steve."

He blinked.
"Damn. Longest I've stayed committed to something. That's gotta be some sort of achievement."

His voice drawled at the last sentence, becoming gravelly in fun-filled spite. Robin looked to him, free hand rising up to playfully hit him on the arm.

"Oh, shut up, it is an achievement. It's an achievement that we're even still here at all."

Since the incidents of the years before, the pair had learned to try and appreciate the little things in life- like the way the birds sang as they woke and the way the trees swayed in the breeze.
They learned to appreciate, because they almost didn't have those things.

If the world had've ended that day, they wouldn't've had anything ever again.
Not even each other.

And that was something they both needed.

Which was why Robin was nothing but terrified at the thought of him finding out what had happened.

"Yeah, that's true." Harrington sighed at the fact, visibly trying not to think upon the effects of what had occurred. It was still painful for them both, and understandably so.

Everything normal had quite literally been turned upside down, and the joke of it wasn't even funny anymore.

"Maybe we ought to think about moving on at some point, y'know? Me and you?"

The woman's words spoke gently, travelling into her friend's ears almost like a decided suggestion.

"Hm? How's that?"

"I dunno. Picture it- you and me, starting afresh."

"Out of Hawkins?"

"Eventually." She shrugged. "Starting with something small? A new job... could even get an apartment together, if you'd want. I guess that the goal would be to someday escape."

Steve smiled at the thought, basking in the idea of spending his time with no one else but his best friend.

"That sounds nice, yeah... I guess that the living together thing kinda ruins the whole dating scene we have going on here, though." He smiled again, peering over to his friend. "Who's gonna get with someone who already lives with a girl?"

That was the tough part. Even though Robin couldn't be less interested in the man beside her, no one else knew that. God, even Dustin sometimes still had a little dig about it.

"I wouldn't mind that- having my best friend all to myself- forever. I think it'd hurt too much if you ever replaced me with someone else."

"I wouldn't replace you, Rob. I'd of course still love you, just in a different way to another. Don't you think living together would smaller your chances, too? You know how people immediately see me- you know how people immediately see you."

"Hawkins' most secretive couple- of course." She rolled her eyes, twisting one of her rings with her opposing finger. "Besides, I don't want anyone. I've already said. Wouldn't get the chance, anyway."

"And like I've mentioned a tedious amount before- you've just got to wait for something to arise. It could be from someone you'd never even expect."

Her stomach quite simply dropped. She bought her elbow down from the ledge and crossed her hands over her lap.
"I guess so."

"About that new job though- that seems like something I could get behind."