Part IV: I Never Wished To.

Had Visenya realised in that moment that Rhaenyra would face such hardships and trials with children that don't have traditional Targaryen hair, she would've fought her desires more.

Yet as much as she promised herself she would, she knew she never could deny Rhaenyra. The princess had her wrapped around her finger, and she knew it as well as the bastard princess knew.

Her own sons, Jace and Luke, had faced the same amount of hate as she had. It broke her heart because just like her, the children had no choice in their birth. It angered her that she couldn't cut out anyone who dared speak the word's tongue.

So she paced her chambers restless. Once again, forced to suffer in silence. She could not rial against the people who spoke ill because no aunt cared for her supposed niece or nephew that much. But it did not stop her from hurting any knight that spoke ill. Her excuse was her skill simply outmatched the others.

"Visenya." Rhaenyra called her, and she sighed, stopping to look at the princess who was starting to show once more.

Despite the pride and love that filled her, Visenya felt guilty for breaking her oath. But she would be the most dishonourable woman alive if it meant she could have Rhaenyra.

As much as she hurt seeing her sons face such scrutiny, she felt pride at the signs of a third child. She hoped it was a daughter, she knew Rhaenyra wanted one just as much.

"Why did you break Ser Criston's nose?" Rhaenyra asked in High Valeryon, and Visenya sighed, slumping on the foot of her bed. "He called our sons bastards." Visenya mumbled, but the silver haired princess heard her.

"He said that the princess' former guard did make such strong heirs." Rhaenyra found the jealousy in her lover's voice amusing. "What upset you? That Cole called him the father or that they were called bastards?" Rhaenyra was curious. Visenya did not share her feelings as openly, and she still did not fully understand why she let these comments upset her so.

"Both. They are true born Targaryens. And they are my sons, not Harwin's." Visenya muttered bitterly, and Rhaenyra smiled, sitting on her lap, pulling the knight to lay her head on her chest, knowing the sound of her heart calmed the knight.

"We know that, my love. Who cares what others say?" Rhaenyra said and got a tired hum as a calloused hand rubbed up and down her back. She adored that even when Visenya was upset, she still tried comforting her.

"I hope we have a daughter." Rhaenyra said, and Visenya hummed absentmindedly but smiled at the notion. They both wanted a daughter.

●●●●●

Walking with Rhaenyra and Leanor had been torture. Visenya had endured staring all her life, but she knew her cousins hadn't, not the same stares she had received, so it only added to Rhaenyra's discomfort.

Only once out of sight did Visenya hand Laenor the babe before picking Rhaenyra up bridal style and carrying her up the stairs, surprising both the princess and the Lord.

Visenya set Rhaenyra down at the top of the stairs and then supported her once more and when she spotted Ser Criston she gripped tightly to Rhaenyra who immediately picked up on the warm temperature change from her cousin's body.

"He's not worth it." Rhaenyra whispered breathlessly, and Visenya set her jaw before carrying on.

"I will kill him one day." Visenya said through a clenched jaw, both her cousin's not doubting her word, knowing it was as good as a promise.

Once they arrived at the chambers, Visenya rolled her eyes at Alicent's facade and got the princess a chair herself before standing beside her hand on the hilt of her sword.