Intro

Calum's POV

A year ago, I wouldn't have believed I'd be where I was now. A year ago, I was just sitting on my couch. Heartbroken, lost, and unmotivated. I hardly had the energy to get up and shower. The whole situation with COVID didn't help anything either, because I had nothing to drive me to wanting to get up, or go do things. A year ago I could hardly reply to texts, I just wanted to be by myself. I wanted everyone to leave me alone, because I knew that anybody who would try talking to me wouldn't be her. And if it wasn't, I didn't want to see them. A year ago, she broke my heart. I didn't love her, necessarily. I loved the thought of her. The thought of having someone there for me, who wouldn't abandon me. And it wasn't losing her that broke me, it was losing what little bit of affection I had. Losing the feeling of having someone who genuinely cared about me. Losing that made it feel as if I was entirely alone in the world, and I didn't like that. As much as I like my space, I also like having someone who cares. Everybody wants someone who cares. Without that things get dark, and lonely.

And again, a year ago I would have never envisioned finding someone else. I would never have saw myself meeting another person to take her place. But I did, and it changed everything for me...