General Dentistry: What All You Need To Know?

What is general dentistry? This question might be striking the mind of several people. Remember the field of general dentistry includes all dental treatments which aim at protecting as well as maintaining the oral health of a patient.

General dentistry is mainly the branch of medication that deals with diagnosing, treating, and averting diseases of your teeth, gums & oral cavity. It also includes orthodontics, periodontics, endodontics, public health dentistry, and oral surgery.

It is important to understand that general dentistry is an extensive field that covers different aspects of your oral health.

General dentistry is mainly divided into four main areas that are stated below:

Preventive dentistry: This mainly involves regular cleaning and examination of teeth to avoid the build-up of plaque and tartar. You need to know both plaque and tartar can lead to the problem of tooth decay and gum disease.

Restorative dentistry: This type of dentistry involves repairing damaged teeth or replacing your missing teeth. Restorative dentistry also includes procedures like fillings, crowns, bridges, and implants.

Prosthodontics: It involves the exchange of missing teeth with false teeth. Prosthodontics can include dentures, bridges, and implants.

Orthodontics: This includes the straightening of teeth by making use of braces and other devices.

What all procedures do general dentistry comprise?

General dentistry usually pays emphasis on the prevention, diagnosis as well as treatment of numerous oral health issues. Some of the common processes that general dentists perform are teeth cleanings, tooth extractions, and cavity fillings.

General dentists also guide their patients about ways to prevent oral health issues like teaching patients about brushing and flossing methods.

When you must visit a general dentist?

In order to get your oral health assessed and take preventative treatments, you must visit a dentist every six months. In other cases, when you have genuine oral concerns, set an appointment with the doctor and visit the clinic.

Therefore, to find the topmost Dentist in surprise, you can check the internet once. 

For more details visit us: https://surprisefamilydentistry.com/