Chapter One

"Hey, Denki, wanna hang out later today? I heard that the movie theater is giving out free popcorn!" Kirishima exclaimed happily, completely oblivious to the fact that his small proposal brings me terrible pain.

But I won't let him see that, of course, so I just grin through it and shake my head, "Sorry, Kiri, but I'm kinda busy, my work asked me to pick up some extra shifts and that pretty much takes up my schedule."

He frowned and I felt a surge of guilt. "Again? That sucks, we haven't had any time together lately!"

I sighed. I know, Kirishima, I'm doing it on purpose. It just hurts way too much to spend time with him, I don't think that my poor lungs could take it if we hung out anymore than usual.

So that was the way most of our conversations have gone for this past month or so. Him asking me something and me making up excuses not to spend time together, of course we have classes and live in the same dorm so I can't avoid him totally, but I try my hardest so my disease stays under control.

"I know! It's terrible, I miss spending time with you!" It's not acting when I put a pained expression on my face and grimace. I really do miss him. If I didn't, well, I wouldn't have hanahaki...

Then he activated his quirk in his arms and hit them together with a loud thud, "Then let's force everyone to let us be together-"

My heart skipped a beat.

"-This Sunday would be perfect! No classes, it's your day off from work, and you've already been picking up so many hours that they can't possibly make you go in! We can tell everyone in the dorms to just leave us alone for a while!"

That sounds great. I feel myself get excited. A whole day alone with Kirishima-! Wait. A whole day alone with Kirishima...

"Well- we totally should, but uh..." As I tried to come up with another excuse that I haven't already used someone hurdled themselves over the couch and landed inbetween me and Kirishima.

"Ah! Hey, Bakubro!" Kiri shouted happily, which caused the flowers in my lungs to stir.

"Hi Red, what're you doin- oh, hi Pikachu, I didn't see you there." Wow, it's nice to see you too, Kacchan.

I nodded my head and just decided to let those two talk, after all, Bakugo was obviously here to talk to Kirishima, not me.

"Anyways, I'm going somewhere this weekend and was wondering if you two wanted to tag along."

Kiri's face lit up at the invitation, but quickly looked over to me for confirmation.

I couldn't just take this from him especially since he looks so happy... I don't think I could be alone with him without spewing flowers, so I guess I don't have a choice if I want to spend time with him.

So, I forced myself to put on a smile for him, then he responded "Sure thing, I'm already looking forward to it!"

"Yeah." I added, but they weren't really paying me any attention, they were too busy talking about it with eachother.

After they discussed it a while more, me sitting there a little awkwardly,  Kiri got off the couch, saying he was hungry and headed towards the kitchen.

I glanced to my right to see Bakugo smiling as he watched Kirishima walk away, it made my stomach churn, I wish Kiri would look at me like that.

I excused myself and rushed swiftly into the closest bathroom, spitting out flowers with every cough.

I could feel the petals tickle the back of my throat as they came out of my lungs and filled my mouth.

Whenever my hanahaki flares up all I feel is a suffocating presence inside my body.