Prologue

In Maple Grove's heart, a peculiar malaise had crept in. People vanished without trace even under the sun's brightest beams, but no one batted an eye. Reality itself seemed to have pitilessly warped, fusing a bleak and anguished version of the world in its place.

Harry and Louis, childhood pals since the earliest grades, concealed a dark secret beneath their carefree camaraderie. They had unravelled a means to temper with the very fabric of reality, capable of shaping and contorting it to their own whim. They could cause objects to disappear - and reappear - merely by their will.

Fearful of being caught, they savoured every moment of their newfound power. They misused it for petty crimes, craving a blast of exhilaration. But it wasn't enough. They wanted more. And a greater power meant greater control; greater control meant that they could twist reality as they pleased.

But unbeknownst to them, their actions had invited the attention of a sinister entity that lurked on the edges of their town. An entity that wished to misuse their power for its sadistic objectives; an entity that would stop at nothing until the boys were destroyed.
————————————————————
Hello everyone,

Let me speak with frankness, and declare my overflowing passion as I humbly present to you, for the very first time, my literary creation. The enchanting allure of writing has always been a burning flame within me, and at this gracious hour, my heart swells with gratitude as I share my craft. For any missteps or blunders, I earnestly request your pardon, for English is not my first nor mother tongue, and its expression may not flow as effortlessly from my lips.

-E