I want you to know.

It was late at night, Jay was asleep and Chip talked to Gill, keeping him awake until they would reach Featherbrook.
They talked about life and death and the moon casted a soft, almost protective glow onto them as the stars sparkled and played in the few clouds of the night sky.

Chip looked at Gill as they fell into a calm silence. He felt tears welling in his eyes, reached for Gills hand.
"You know, just in case you do die from this and even if you don't. I want you to know that-", his voice and breath were shaking as he held tightly onto Gills hand, a tear running down his face. The tears took his ability to speak to soon and helplessly he looked at Gill, heart pounding almost painfully in his chest, as he reached for his cheek and kissed him.

Just a short, yet fierce and desperate kiss.
"You're so loved, Gillion Tidestrider.", he whispered, whole body shaking, "No matter what happens, know that you're loved."
Gillion teared up as well, slowly went in for another kiss. It was desperate. So, so desperate and passionate.
Like they knew this would be the first and one of the last times they could ever embrace their love for each other.

"I love you, Gill", Chip sobbed, holding him so close Gill could feel his warm breath against his lips. The closeness was comforting, yet raised anxiety in both of them.
Anxiety to loose against this gods forsaken curse.

Gillion gently traced his thumbs over Chips cheeks and as he tried to hold back the tears, he whispered a quiet: "I love you too, Chip."
He remembered all the times Chip had told him about how what he loved always left him and he took his hand and squeezed it tightly with his. "I will fight against this curse. I will stay with you. I love you and I never want to leave you again", he said and quickly felt Chip burying his face in his shoulder, sobbing his soul out as he held onto him for dear life. Gill wrapped his arms around him and kissed his head.
"It's gonna be okay", he whispered, for the first time not knowing if he was lying or telling the truth.