Chap 1

Wedding reception.

Kensi was outback, avoiding the happy crowds of people lining up for the dance floor when she saw Hetty walking up.

'I believe my congratulations are in order for you and Mr. Deeks.' She started.

'On what?' Kensi asked.

'You know.' (rubbing her stomach).

'Oh! Um, how did you know that? I haven't said anything... Oh wait, you know everything and women have noticeable signs when they're expecting. Got it.'

'I assume Mr. Deeks is very happy about this news, given that this is what you've both wanted for a long time?' Hetty asked.

'I actually haven't told him yet.'

'Why not?'

'Can we sit down? I have a feeling this conversation will last awhile.' Kensi requested.

They sat down on the nearest couch.

'We tried for so long to have a baby, and nothing worked. We more or less gave up and went right to wanting to foster and adopt a child. Then we got to adopt Rosa, and we thought we had the family we always wanted. Then recently, I start feeling weird, I go to the doctor, and she tells me I'm actually pregnant! (chuckle). After all this time, I'm actually having a baby! I was really shocked, as you can tell. And I've been putting off telling Deeks because, I'm worried.' Kensi said.

'About what?' Hetty asked.

'Well, what if something happens and I lose the baby along the way? I was told that older women have higher risk of giving birth. Expecting a child that we wanted for so long, and then 1 day losing it, would more or less destroy us. And if you're going to ask about time off, myself and Deeks have kind of blown through all our days off already in the last year. So I'm basically going to have to keep working for a while to build up time off. There's too many things that can happen in this line of work to cause a miscarriage.'

'Oh nonsense, You leave the time off problem to me! You and Mr. Deeks can take all the time off before your required maternity leave as you like without worries! You've both wanted a child for such a long time, you shouldn't have to worry about these little things.'

Smiling. 'Does this mean you're staying longer before heading off on another mission overseas?' Kensi asked.

'Yes. And I'm done with overseas missions. I told those people that my place is here with my family, and that I'm done with barely being able to talk to them for long periods of time. They need me, and I need them. And um, if you and Mr. Deeks need a babysitter and his mother isn't around, you can always ask me.' Hetty replied.

'I'll consider that. And before you head off to the dance floor, there's something I want to know.'

'Like what?'

'Rosa was cleared for fostering really fast, faster then most migrants are. I was curious, did someone persuade Customs to clear her for fostering that quickly?' Kensi asked.

'Hmm. It's possible. It was probably done by someone who could see that you and Mr. Deeks had already bonded with her, and wanted to be sure that you could both take care of her.' Hetty smoothly replied.

'Like who exactly?'

Hetty shrugged. 'Beats me!' Then she walked off to the dance floor.

Kensi chuckled. Even without having to say it, Hetty basically gave the answer away. Because even while overseas, she still had her ways of keeping tabs on anyone, and Kensi couldn't think of anyone else who could persuade Customs to clear a migrant for fostering that quickly.

'Good to have you back.' She muttered. Then she went to find Deeks to tell him the good news.

Endnotes: Before the 'wanting to have a baby' woes basically took over the show, I really did want to see a Densi baby. (mainly because well, I wanted a scene with Hetty and the baby.) (yes, I'm mushy that way.). And with the show ending, and all the teases about a beautiful ending for everyone, I'm starting to think and hope again that Kensi gets to tell Deeks that she's finally pregnant. They deserve to finally have that baby they've longed teased each other about.

(Plus, getting to write future fics about Hetty taking care of their baby would make me soooo happy!).

And yeah, I kind of do think Hetty had a hand in making sure they got to foster Rosa. I mean, she was cleared really fast! That doesn't usually happen. And we know she can basically convince anyone to bend the rules!