Chapter 20

All the seventh years stood at the edge looking out at the ocean. Some looked too excited. Others looked cold. Poppy was huddled into my side shivering. Sebastian was doing the same thing but I knew he was faking it.

"Alright everyone. Go ahead and explore. But we are all going to meet in Cragcroft where the kind people in the hamlet will have a dinner for us before we all retire to our tents out side of the hamlet." Howin announced to everybody over the wind.

Marc stood next to her looking pretty cool for an older brother who doesn't talk to me. He wore a long coat that blew in the wind. He auburn hair was blowing everywhere. I'm shocked he didn't attempt to put it up or anything.

"Your brother reminds me of an auror." Poppy whispered.

"Don't tell him it'll go to his head."

It was definitely going to be winter soon. I only had a forest green knitted cardigan I had bought in Hogsmead when I was 15. Luckily Poppy's
Grandmother knitted me a matching beanie to her granddaughters. Both were grey and yellow and had the little pom ball on the top.

I was doing everything in my power to not shiver. I was being held onto by two people wearing big winter coats. And I know both would offer their own jackets if they knew how cold I was.

Sebastian's coat was leather and seemed to have some kind of wool inside so I knew him holding onto me and complaining about the cold was just a way to hug me.

Poppy was wearing a long wool coat that she said was her grandmothers. Both looked extremely warm but I could only feel a glimpse of their warmth on my arms they were both squeezing.

Ominis wasn't as bundled up as these two but didn't look cold. The coat he has on wasn't long like these two but seemed like maybe it was made from wool. 

"Ominis also looks really cool right now." Sebastian smirked, "Ominis you aren't facing the ocean though."

Ominis, who was already facing the ocean, began to turn around trusting his best friend.

"Ominis, he's lying you were facing the ocean." I reached forwards and turned him back towards the ocean quickly. I could see his cheeks get red with embarrassment as he turned back around.

Poppy and I immediately turned around and swatted at Sebastian which only made him laugh more.

"Alright everyone is dismissed." Marc called. I hadn't even realized the teachers were still talking as all the students began to disperse. "Ava." Marc saying my name suddenly made all four of us jump.

It was the first time he had said my first name since the twins passed. It had only be silence or 'Miss La Fey.' He walked up to our little group with his hands in his pocket and his shoulder hunched over blocking the wind.

"You four, especially, no picking fights."

All of us must of looked offended because Marc elaborated, "there are still a few of Ranroks loyalist lurking around. You," he pointed directly at me, "and you," he moved his finger towards Sebastian. "Are still, very unliked by them."

"We only took out a few maybe.. four camps." Sebastian muttered.

"Mr. Sallow i enjoy the enthusiasm but four camps is Unfortunately a lot. And that's only four for you but not for Ava."

Marc placed a hand on my shoulder, "I'm kind of begging."

"I won't get into fights."  Even talking to me he wouldn't really look at me.

"Perfect, glad we agree." He stood up straight and stalked off.

"He has no faith in us". Ominis sighed.