Teaser 1

Story: Below The Surface (WT)

_______________________________

The games begin as a new Monday arrives. The clocks turn twelve and Charlie posts herself in the office. Above her was a vent that Adam "reminded" her about, but Charlie wasn't told anything about vent in the office. She assumed something will come crawling out of it and she'd need to hide in a locker behind her. Immediately, there's movement on the cameras. Party room corridor just outside Frederick's room. He stood there, as still as a statue. Charlie felt the chill crawl up her spine. It was as if he knew he's being watched.
“Come on, you little prick. Move already.” Charlie stared at the screen a moment longer. Frederick suddenly and sharply looks around like a fox would, then quickly dashes down the corridor. Charlie jolts back and begins scanning the other cameras. Freddy was too fast to be picked up in the other corridors or main rooms. He was just a dark blur moving throughout the already dark establishment and was only noticable in the main arcade and atrium.
“Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.” Charlie grabs her flashlight in a panic and checks down the left corridor. Nothing was coming this way. The echo and reverb of heavy feet and breathing grow louder from the right corridor. Charlie moves to flash her light down it and the fox that came sprinting down with hungry eyes covered them and falls over a trolley. “Ah, my eyes!” he yelled, a strong Irish accent breaking through the reprogrammed American one he was given for his new biomechanical body.
“Beat it, Fred!” Charlie exclaimed before slamming the steel door shut. Freddy would gradually pick himself up and turn to the door. He begins slamming his fists against it, clawing at the steel and creating the uncomfortable screeching sound that made Charlie want to vomit violently. Eventually, he'd leave and Charlie would sigh in relief. She waits to see Freddy in the atrium roaming around curiously. Fuck, that was a little thrilling, Charlie thought. She smiled; something about this was genuinely enjoyable. The Five Nights At Chuck. E Cheese experience brought to life in a place where Charlie experience true traumatizing horror as a child.

She opens the door again and sits back in her chair to look at the screens. The one which previously had static was now just black with a bright red ERROR flashing in the center, the name at the bottom of the monitor still scribbled and worn out. Charlie attempts to fix it using a few methods. Tapping the screen, repositioning it, changing the channels with the side buttons, pushing the cables in further. Nothing worked as a result.
“The fuck is wrong with this monitor?” Charlie sighed in frustration, shaking her head in defeat soon after. Perhaps it was just a spare monitor not connected to any camera in the establishment. Fred begins to charge down the left corridor, clawing the wall as he does. Charlie moves to the door to press the large green button about the size of her fist. It would turn red but the door remained open.
“What the fuck?!” Charlie yelled, pressing the button several more times for it to do nothing. Freddy swings himself in with haunting shriek only to receive a steel baton to the face.
“Stay away!” Charlie yelled as she steps back towards the right door. Freddy growled angrily and turned his attention to the guard. His claws seem to grow in length as did his sharp teeth. His eyes burn brighter and his hunger had become more visible as he licked his upper lip. Charlie whips out her flashlight as he charges at her, flashing him in the eyes again, temporarily stunning him. It was enough time for Charlie to sprint down the corridor, taking any sharp turn she could until she was in the atrium. Fuck, where to hide. Where to hide. Charlie frantically looks around, her lungs burning from the sprint. Her eyes set on a ball pit in the children's soft play area. She makes her way to the large room and dives in to bury herself in the colourful plastic balls. This ball pit is too deep for a toddler. I wouldn't be surprised if children died in this, Charlie thought. She remained there for twenty minutes. Just as she was about to climb out, Freddy enters the room with a growl. His glowing eyes gave the room some light, but not enough to make out every shape. Charlie froze still, forcing her breathing to be shallow and dead quiet.