Characters

Aspen Maya Blake
Aspen is a 23 year old pediatric nurse at Rosedale General Hospital in Rosedale, Pennsylvania. She has wanted to be a nurse for as long as she can remember, she wants to save lives and help people. Aspen is the good girl on the surface, she's loving, caring, and compassionate, but she's been through a lot so she's a lot stronger than she looks to outsiders. Aspen is always at the hospital working so she doesn't date or really have time to go hangout with the few friends she has. Her best friend, Harmony, is the only person she really trusts and is close to. In Aspen's mind, Family isn't everything because all they've ever done is cause her pain.

Reid Ace James
Reid is a 26 year old mafia prince, the oldest son of the mafia family in Rosedale, Pennsylvania. Everyone has their own suspicions about the mafia in Pennsylvania but nobody has it confirmed and they don't know who it is. Reid's life has always been about the mafia, he knows that one day he's supposed to take his father's place as the boss and that is what his life has always revolved around. He doesn't date or have time for casual hookups and he doesn't have many friends, none that aren't mafia men. Despite his lack of friends and dating experience, he wants to just live a normal life one day, well as normal as life can get in the mafia.

Harmony Jade Kidman
Harmony is a 24 year old pediatric nurse at Rosedale General Hospital in Rosedale, Pennsylvania. She has a lot of friends at work and from her childhood, but Aspen is her best friend. She's always there for Aspen and knows everything about her, and Aspen knows everything about her too. She likes to party and works half as much as Aspen because she wants to live her life as much as she possibly can. Harmony's empathetic and always knows how to make everyone's day. No matter what she does, her main goal in life is to help people.

Blaze Dante James
Blaze is a 24 year old mafia prince, the middle son of the mafia family in Rosedale, Pennsylvania. Blaze keeps a low profile in his everyday life, constantly trying to stay hidden in the shadows of life. He doesn't date often but when he does they're always girls that are after information or his money and he's completely blinded by his infatuation with them. He has a lot of friends and all of them are in the mafia, nobody in the mafia has friends outside the mafia. Blaze may be in the mafia but he's a genuine, sweet guy to everyone that isn't his enemy in the mafia.

Flynn Anthony James
Flynn is 23 year old mafia prince, the youngest son of the mafia family in Rosedale, Pennsylvania. Flynn, unlike his brothers, is a big player and goes around getting with strangers who's faces and names he'll never remember but he never lets them come in between him and the mafia or his family. Flynn has always had the reputation as the only playboy in the family and wants to keep it up to continue to cover up his big secret. Flynn may never get to be who he wants to be but he's to scared to admit the truth to anyone, including himself.

Vera Camilla James
Vera is a 4 year old mafia princess, the only daughter of the mafia family in Rosedale, Pennsylvania. Vera has all her brothers wrapped around her little finger, she makes them all melt and they'd do anything to keep her safe and happy. Vera is always giggling and smiling, she brightens her family up when they see so much darkness everyday, everywhere they turn. Vera's family tries to keep her away from anything mafia related so she can grow up living as normal of a life as she can.

Ricco David James
Ricco is a 53 year old mafia boss, the king of the mafia in Rosedale, Pennsylvania. He owns a multimillion dollar business plaza where no one knows exactly who he is but fears what he'll do to them if they slack off or question his orders. He has people almost everywhere in Rosedale, the police, the court, even someone in a seat on the city council. He is scary to his mafia soldiers and people in other surrounding mafia families due to his power but when he's with his family he is loving and kind, they are his weakness.

*A/N I will add more characters within the book but these are the most important ones, the ones that will be mentioned and seen the most throughout the book. This is a fictional story that takes place in a fictional place with fictional characters, it is not based on any real life events I just made it up.*

**This book contains depictions of violence and death as well as mature scenes (smut), warnings will not be issued before each chapter containing this kind of content because almost every chapter will contain this type of content. Read at your own risk and if you don't want to read about those things this may not be the book for you.**