Chapter 21

"merry christmas"

Christmas usually gets everyone on a great mood, people are cheerful and full of joy, Isobelle wasn't an exception

Christmas usually gets everyone on a great mood, people are cheerful and full of joy, Isobelle wasn't an exception. Every year around Christmas she was her happier self, she just loved the holiday with all her heart, sadly, this year was a bit different, all the drama surrounding her and her family made it difficult to enjoy the holiday, so there she was, laying in her bed, her boyfriend, or ex boyfriend, they hadn't exactly had time to figure that out due to recent events, sitting next to her as he treated the small wounds in her hands, said wounds were a consequence from her outburst when she was confronting August.

"There, all done." Frederic said, putting aside the cotton ball he was using to clean her knuckles. "How are you feeling?" He asked her, worried about the thoughts that might have been going trough her head.

Isobelle turned her head around softly, so she was now facing him. "I'm okay, not great, but well enough to get up and go look for my brother."

She sat up, but as she was about to try and leave the bed, Frederic stopped her, placing his arm around her waist.

"You are not leaving this room, in fact, you are not leaving this bed until I know you are well rested enough to go deal with everything that's going on."

As much as Isobelle wanted to disagree with him and argue about why she would be looking for Wilhelm instead of resting, but she wasn't sure she was ready to do so, so instead she just nodded.

"As much as I would love to disagree with you, I don't have the energy to do so, nor do I feel like yelling at you anymore."

This last sentence stroke curiosity in the boy.

"Is that so?" He asked, wanting to know more about her feelings towards him. He was well aware that they had broken up, but he was also aware of the fact that she still loved him, if she didn't, she wouldn't have allowed him to take care of her, hell, he wouldn't even be sitting next to her.

"Yes." She said, taking a quick pause to think. "You have been far too nice with me today, so I thought maybe I'd save the yelling for another time." She smiled at him, crossing her legs as she got more comfortable.

"How sweet of you." He said. "Though I'd like it better if you just didn't yell at me at all."

"Not happening, I'm still mad at you." His smile faded away once those words left her mouth. She noticed and was quick to speak. "Hey don't be bummed, I said I'm mad, I was furious before, so that's better."

He chuckled at her words, even when her life was tangled in a web of problems, she managed to keep her essence somehow, it was one of the many things he admired about her.