Episode One - Not so Happy Campers, Part 1

Episode 1 - Not so Happy Campers, Part 1

XXX

The episode opened up on a dark-haired man in his late twenties. His long hair had a windswept look, his face sported a perpetual three-day stubble, and he was dressed in a grunge style. "Yo! We're coming at you live from Camp Wawanakwa somewhere in Muskoka, Ontario. I'm your host, Chris McLean, dropping season one of the hottest new reality show on TV, right now!"

Chris then walked further down the dock, a fake smile plastered on his face. "Here's the deal: sixty-eight teenagers have signed up to spend three months right here at this crummy old summer camp. They'll compete in challenges against each other, then have to face the judgement of their fellow campers!"

"Every day, a team will either win a reward or watch one of their team members walk the Dock of Shame, get picked up by the Drone of Despair, and leave Total Drama Island for good!" Chris punched his palm to bolden his point. The camera cut to what looked like a bonfire, twenty-two logs propped up in front of a pot full of firewood. "Their fates will be decided here, at the dramatic campfire ceremonies, where every day, all but one camper will receive a marshmallow." He picked up a marshmallow on a stick, bit it, and chewed it, keeping that snarky smile on his face even as he swallowed.

"In the end, only one will be left standing and will be rewarded with internet stardom and one million dollars, which, let's face it, they'll probably blow in a week." He cheekily winked, holding up a prop treasure chest before offloading it to the ground. "To survive they'll have to battle black flies, grizzly bears, disgusting camp food, and...each other." The camera showed all these things to be very real, starting with flies swarming a grizzly bear, then a maggot which appeared to still be alive squirming around on a plate, and lastly a big collage of all the contestants.

The camera faded to more shots of the camp, beginning with a picture of a bird feeding its hatchlings; in the nest was an obvious camera, pointed at the parent bird. "Every moment will be caught on one of the hundreds of cameras," An out-of-place totem pole with another camera duct-taped haphazardly to the top. "situated all over the camp." The scene changed back to Chris at the dock. "Who will crumble under the pressure? Find out here," He double-pointed at the camera. "right now, on," The point-of-view changed to a spot further back, and did so again to punctuate each of the host's last three words. "Total! Drama! Island!"

XXX

(Fade to opening theme)

[Several shots of the lights and cameras hidden around camp popping out and turning on, often at the expense of the wildlife, was shown; first was in front of a bunch of trees, then popping out of the ground with a gopher on top, then through the window of a bathroom, startling Dave inside, and finally out of a tree, shoving a squirrel to the floor. A cue card marked the transition to a fly-by shot starting at the docks and 'Camp Wawanakwa' sign, past the camp facilities, and over the top of Chris being pestered by Sierra and Topher while Blaineley poses for the camera. The host shoves Topher aside, Sierra giggling in glee just as the lyrics start.]

Dear Mom and Dad I'm doin' fine,

[The camera flies through the trees and up to the largest cliff, where an excited Izzy and an unsure Emma give each other looks before diving down into the water. The camera follows, peeking over to see two rings of buoys laid in the lake.]

You guys are on my mind.

[The camera dives off the cliff with the girls and into an underwater shot; Chase and Owen are shown in swim trunks when Emma and Izzy crash down next to them. This startles Owen into farting, the green gas cloud killing a fish and causing it to float upwards.]