Tapping The Rudder

"I mean like, even after he was down, John B was still hitting him

"I mean like, even after he was down, John B was still hitting him." Sarah says, pulling on some shorts and going into the bathroom to change her shirt.

"I've never seen him like that. You actually think he's gonna get arrested?" Kie asks, sitting on her bed with Jade.

"He can't get arrested." Sarah says, walking back into the room.

"He can. Has been before." Jade says, sitting up properly.

"Not now. If he's locked up, he can't help his dad. I have to fix this." Sarah says, ignoring her sister. "Can you give me a ride to Topper's? Please." She begs.

"You don't think this plan could make things worse?" Kie says, sitting up.

"I don't know. And I don't know what's gonna happen with me and John B. But I do know is I can't just sit by and watch him get arrested while his dad's abducted." Sarah explains, putting on her shoes.

"So what happened with you and John B anyway?" Jade asks, still confused and uninformed.

"Uh..." Kie says, looking at Sarah.

"I cheated on him." Sarah says. "With Topper." She says, a sorry look on her face.

"What?!" Jade yells, an angry look evident. "Sarah!" She groans, leaning back into the bed. "You saw how upset I was when JJ cheated on me! Why would you do that?!"

"Look, I'm sorry but I have to go." Sarah says, walking out the door.

"Are you kidding? You're just gonna leave?" Jade yells, standing up and following after her. "Sarah!"

"Jade, I have to go see Topper!" Sarah yells, turning back to her sister. "Listen, I'm sorry, ok? I was stupid and dumb. But I need to go and help John B. I need to talk to Topper and talk him out of pressing charges." Sarah smiles sadly, watching her sister in fear.

"Go." Jade nods, looking at her sister sadly. "Talk to Topper and make this right. Don't let John B go to jail cause you can't stop cheating on your partners." Jade says, walking back into the house and laying back on Kie's bed. "She's screwed." Jade says, pulling a pillow over head.

"Yeah. Yeah she is." Kie agrees.

"So... Lily?" Jade smiles, pulling off the pillow and looking at Kie.

Kie smiles and hides her face. "Yes?" 

"You disappeared for over an hour last night. And I think I need to disinfect this bed." Jade laughs, watching Kie's blush deepen. "I knew it! You had sex with her!" She laughs.

"Yes! My god, you're immature!" Kie laughs, hiding her face in a pillow.

"Sneaking out of your parent's party to have sex. Wow." Jade says, continuing to tease her friend.

"Shut up!" Kie laughs, throwing a pillow at her whilst laughing.

☸