Secret of the Gnomon

Enjoy the last chapter everyone!!

Very very sad

As the plane begins to make a smooth landing, everyone starts to wake up apart from a certain murderer on board. Pope waves his hands in front of the man as well as clicking in his ears just to make sure Ward wasn't faking it.

"He's out." Pope whispers, sitting back down to talk to the group who had all come together.

"All right. So, Tres Rocas, that's where Neville said we would find the guy." John B explains, looking out the window. "Solana, that's the archaeological site. I think that's where they're taking my dad." John B pauses, looking at JJ giving him a sign to take out the map. "Neville gave us this map. He said it should be..." John B takes the hand drawn map from JJ and clears his throat. "Here."

Sarah nearly laughs and takes the map from John B. "This? This is the map we're following?"

"Last time we used a hand drawn map, we lost the gold." Jade says, thinking back to the time JJ and Pope drew a map of the well.

"Look, he's the only guy who's been there." JJ says.

"Pretty janky, JJ." Sarah snaps, handing the map to Pope.

"Oh boy." Pope sighs.

"We're gonna die." Jade nods, "Starvation, dehydration... you name it, we'll die from it." She adds.

"I've been in river towns like this. Major danger, you know?" Cleo says, looking out the window.

"Don't worry." Pope intervenes. "We're gonna find Singh, boost your pops. Then we'll find El Dorado." He smiles, reassuring John B.

John B stares at a sleeping Ward, sceptical about his knowledge. "Are you sure he doesn't know anything?" He asks.

"Not from us." Sarah says, looking at her sister.

John B nods and looks back down at the map. "Ok, first thing, we gotta find this guy named Jose and then head upriver.

"Ok."

As they exit the plane, walking down the steps with their bags slung tightly around their shoulders, they notice all of the army men and women patrolling the area with large guns ready in their hands. 

"I told you. It's the Wild West out here." Cleo says, looking back at her friends.

"Sarah! Jade!" Ward yells, exiting the plane.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Sarah asks, walking towards him.

"Oh, for fuck's sake." Jade mumbles walking over to him as well.

"I'm coming." He announces.

"No, you're not." Sarah argues. "You got us here like you said you would. Now go on to Guadeloupe."