Kaviaan

Katha was in her bedroom, alone with her thoughts and fears. She was horrified and shaken to her very core. She had seen Viaan injure his palm on the broken glass earlier that day and everyone, including herself, had run to help.

But what she felt when she saw his pain was more than just concern. She felt an intense pain in her heart, as if she felt his pain in her own body. It had scared her.

She was crying now, unable to control the tears that were streaming down her face. She didn't understand what was happening to her. How could she be feeling such powerful emotions for someone who had hurt her in such a way?

Katha thought back to the moments leading up to her pain. She thought of Viaan's sweetness and his loving words. She recalled his actions and the way he begged her for forgiveness.

He had been so sincere and apologetic.

Katha shook her head, trying to erase the memories. It was unfair to her late husband, she thought.

But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't help but feel something for Viaan.

Katha buried her head in her hands and let out a sob. She didn't know what to do. She was scared and confused. She didn't want to feel this way, but she couldn't help it. She was falling for someone who had hurt her so deeply.

Katha decided to fight against this new emotion before it got the best of her. She told herself that it was just a temporary weakness, a momentary lapse of judgment. She told herself that she was still loyal to her late husband, that she still loved him with all her heart.

She told herself that she was still angry at Viaan, that she still hated him for what he did to her. She told herself that she was still independent and strong, that she didn't need anyone to complete her.

Katha looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"Katha, you are stronger than this. You have survived so much. You have lost Adi, you have fought for Aarav, your life, your happiness. You have worked hard, you have sacrificed, you have succeeded. You don't need anyone else. You certainly don't need Viaan Raghuvanshi. All these feelings you think you have are mindgames. It's not real. Snap out of it. Snap out of it, Katha. You don't love Viaan Raghuvanshi."

The next day, Katha was sitting at her desk, working on her laptop. She was trying to finish a report that was due by the end of the day. She was also trying to forget the events of the previous night, her panic, her tears, that confession that wasn't one.

She heard a knock on the door and looked up. She saw him standing there, smiling at her. He was wearing a crisp white shirt and a navy blue blazer. He was holding a folder in his left hand and a coffee cup in his right hand. He had a bandage wrapped around his palm.

Viaan Raghuvanshi.

Katha attempted averting her eyes from his hand, trying to stop her rapidly beating heart all at once. What was this? What was the meaning of this? He was looking at her like she meant something, his gaze so passionate, so fervent and yet warm, gentle in that manner that only he could pull.

It scared her. It frightened her that she was conscious of his gaze.

Katha tapped her desk nervously with her fingers, eyes stuck to laptop screen like there was something fascinating there.

"Is there anything I can help you with, sir?"

"Ah yes, Katha. Your help is so much needed."

She bit her lower lip at how even his compliments seemed to mean something.