Chapter one

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
Peace is an illusion,
No matter how tranquil the world seems,
Peace doesn't last long.
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

My heart is pounding. It's the day of the reaping, vile is rising up my throat. What if it me this year? I wipe my tears away and meet my sister Annie at the door.

We're all lined up in age order I'm 18 this is my last year; I should be save. Or so I thought. A woman from the capitol called Bonnie come up to the stage with a bright pink dress and purple stained skin. Bonnie started pulling out a girls name from the bowl, sweat was dripping of my face praying to god I didn't get picked when I hear the name "Annie Cresta" being called out.

My lungs tightened and my face had gone pale. When all of a sudden without thinking I open my mouth" I volunteer as tribute". Tears threatening to fall from my face I go up to the stage trying to act brave even though I'm screaming on the inside.

A boy got reaped His name was Apollo he was only 12 years old. I took a deep breath and left the stage into a room. Annie came through the door bursting out in tears I stared to cry too; my mum was in the corner trying to hold herself together. I promised I would try to win for her even though my chances were pretty low. Our time was up to say good bye but she wouldn't let go of me and then she was dragged out of the room. Unexpectedly another figure walked into the room finnick Odair Annie's friend I'd only seen him a couple of times but he was extremely annoying. "What are you doing here?" I questioned "I came to say I'm thankful that you volunteered for Annie and I'm going to do what ever I can to help you win, after all I am your mentor" he winked. I rolled my eyes and left to get on the train leaving him smirking.

Everything felt so surreal yesterday I was in my home snuggling up by the fire with my family and today I'm sitting on this train with a poor 12 year old boy destined to die and a stuck up 19 year old as a mentor. Apollo stared talking but I was too clouded up by my own thoughts to even Try to listen. It was almost dinner time so I went to my chamber and got dressed into some different clothes.

I went to dinner and everyone was at the table there was only one seat left and that was next to finnick. I didn't want to judge his character too fast since I've only met him twice and he's friends with Annie but so far I don't think I like him, he just gives off a weird vibe. I sat down and ate my food it was awkwardly silent but mags stared a conversation about how to get sponsors I didn't really listen since I already knew how to get them so I just sat back numb letting my thoughts consume me.