Part One

Y/N Perspective:
As I put on my plain, boring uniform, I sighed. Another day of customers yelling that they're right and I'm wrong, where they're always the ones who are wrong. Oh how I love this job. I made my way into my car as I drive off down the road, arriving at my place of work, an Italian restaurant. They serve amazing food, pasta, pizza, chicken, rice, it's all perfect. We get lots of customers leaving positive reviews, but there's always at least one table each night that has something ridiculous to complain about, and then they get annoyed when I make my point, and it's always me that gets in trouble for it. I waited for my bosses to open up, we went inside and started setting up all the tables and the bar for the evening, all ready for 5:30 opening time. I watched the clock intently as the hands hit the 5 and the 6, I walked to the door and flipped the sign to open, here we go.

2 Hours Later

2 hours in... and nothing. No complaints yet, which means that I'm going to have to deal with something late in the evening, where my temper is at its shortest straw. Clean the tables, set the tables, welcome the customers, take drinks orders, make the drinks, take the drinks to the tables, take the food orders, take the food to the tables, clean the tables, take dessert orders, make the desserts, take the desserts to the tables, clean the tables, take the cheque to the table, say goodbye to the customers, clean the tables and set the tables again. It's a repetitive cycle but the rest of the workers don't seem to be taking it seriously, and they're affecting the tone of the restaurant.

30 Minutes Later

As I prepare the welcome the next table of customers, a lady walks in, she has short, curly, blonde hair and it wearing the sweetest blue pinafore dress. I smile at her as she approaches me

"Well good evening ma'am, what can I do for you, do you have a reservation?"

I say as I pull the book of reservations towards me

"Goodness, I'm sorry, I didn't get the chance to reserve a table, this was sort of a spur of the moment decision. It's just me, I just wish to eat quickly and leave. Would you be able to squeeze me in at all?"

She leans against the bar, leaning her head on her hand as I flicked through the book, looking at all the tables in the room.

"Well.."

I looked at the clock and clicked the pen a few times as I traced the paper with the pen.

"I could squeeze you in now if you are able to be gone in an hour and 15?

She clasped her hands together in delight and smiled.

"Oh that's wonderful! Thank you so much, you're an angel, an absolute angel"

I smiled and looked down as she complimented me, her voice was like listening to a perfectly played harp, her words glided into each other and I couldn't help but get lost in them.

"Right this way, ma'am"

I said as I grabbed a menu and a wine list and lead her to a table towards the back of the restaurant, I waited for her to sit down before  placing the menu in her hands and resting the wine list upright on the table. I smiled as she opened the menu, her red nails turning the pages carefully as her eyes skimmed the pages. Suddenly, I snapped out of it and stepped away from the table, confused. No customer has ever had this sort of effect on me before, I've never squeezed anyone in, not for any reason or event. But once she walked in, leaning against the bar and watching me, I felt as though I couldn't say no. I watched her carefully from the bar, picking up the wine list and flipping the pages, the way she rests her head on her clasped hands after placing the menu back on the table, her eyes darting around the room, until they caught me. Only a few seconds of eye contact before I grabbed a pad and walked over to her table.

"Alright then Ma'am what drink can I get started for you?"

I inquired as I clicked my pen and flipped to a fresh page in the pad. She smiled and looked up at me, which is when I first got a proper look at her eyes. Blue. They were blue, like a shiny Azure crystal, glinting in the soft lighting of the restaurant.

"Could I get a glass of rosé please darling? And perhaps just some ice water if that's alright"

*I smiled and nodded as I jotted it onto the pad, using my hand as a backrest for the pages.

"Of course? Would you like lemon in your water?"

I always ask if someone wants lemon in their water. I never do and it always gets on my nerves if waiters bring over my drinks with lemon in when I specifically asked for no lemon.

"No thank you darling, I find no purpose for it"

She smiled as she drummed her fingers on the table, her nails making a comforting tapping noise on the wood.

"Me neither!"

I exclaimed as I heard her say that, I giggled and tucked the wine list under my arm.

"Are you ready to order food yet ma'am?"

I questioned, since I was already at the table.

"Oh yes please, could I get the mushroom risotto? With a side of garlic bread?"

I nodded and continues writing on the pad.

"Side of garlic bread, good choice!"

I smiled and picked up her menu from the table, also tucking it under my arm.

"Alright ma'am I will put your order in right away and I will go and grab your wine and water for you."

I smiled as I walked away, putting the menus back where they belonged, pouring her wine quickly, making sure I don't put lemon in her water glass, and returning to the table.

"Your rosé and your water, without lemon, ma'am"

I smiled as I placed it in front of her, she immediately grabbed it and took a sip. I assumed she had a long day and just needed to drink it away.

"Anything else for you ma'am?"

I asked and looked at her.

"Call me Carol, Carol Aird."