Wildflowers

Amity and Alador were spending a perfect Sunday afternoon at home. The sun was shining, and the birds were singing outside. Amity was sitting on the couch, reading a book, while Alador was working in his lab on a new invention.

As Amity read, she couldn't help but feel a sense of restlessness. She wanted to do something fun with her father, but she wasn't sure what.

Walking down the stairs into Alador's lab, Amity tapped her dad's shoulder to get his attention.

"Dad, do you want to go for a walk with me?" she asked.

Alador looked up from his work, surprised. "A walk? Sure, that sounds lovely." The two hadn't been on a walk together since Amity was little.

They put on their shoes and headed outside. The air was warm and fresh, and the sun felt good on their faces. As they walked, they chatted about their day and talked about their plans for the week ahead.

As they walked, they came across a field of wildflowers. Amity's eyes lit up, and she ran over to the field, admiring the colorful flowers.

"Dad, look at all the flowers!" she exclaimed.

Alador smiled, watching his daughter's excitement. "They're beautiful, aren't they?"

Amity bent down and picked a few flowers, twirling them in her fingers. "Can we take some home with us?"

"Of course," Alador said. "Let's pick a few and make a bouquet."

They spent the next few minutes picking flowers, laughing and chatting as they worked. When they were finished, they had a beautiful bouquet of wildflowers and Amity even made a flower crown.

As they walked back home, Amity felt her chest tighten with love, she had never felt this way with her mother and Amity accepted a while ago that she'll never have a real relationship with her. At least she had her dad and siblings and that's all Amity needed.