Author's Note

Hello :]
This is an idea I've had for over 2 years but I didn't know about fan fiction or Wattpad back then. It's a concept that I still love and one that I would've preferred to the ending in the actual game. It's a mastermind Shuichi AU with a twist because I think playing as a mastermind would be a very interesting change in a killing-style game. I've always thought that the ending of the game seemed rushed and out of place. There's a story telling idea I enjoy where in major plot twists like these, you never want the reader to think "I had no idea" but rather "I should've guessed that!" and I feel like Tsumugi just didn't make much sense to me as an antagonist. So yeah that's my biggest reason for this idea!

This story means so very much to me so please don't repost without permission. This is my only account, I don't have AO3 or anything else so if you see my stories there, please let me know and also report them.

Just some content warnings:
-Murder (big surprise)
-Swearing
-S/icide (maybe)
-Major Character Death
-Panic Attacks

This story also has nods to Agatha Christie's 'And Then There Were None' just because I think Shuichi would be a big literature buff and it was anyways one of the very first popular concepts of a "killing game"

I haven't been into danganronpa since 8th grade so yk, some details of the game might be wrong and I don't expect this story to do very well...but I love the characters and I wanted more for them.

With all that having been said, Please Enjoy.

-Kyren (The Author)

.
286 words