synopsis

This is how it started or should i say how the story began....
I rushed and half-ran into the store not after cursing my way at people through only to get here. I rushed into the store as the logo in front of the store showed 'RUSH ACK PAINERS' as some letters were either missing or had fallen off. I immediately put on those itchy coveralls and shoe covers before Hugh will arrive it was about 3:45pm , I was fifteen minutes late for my shift, thank God! Hugh wasn't here to lecture me.
Ember came over, she has really light skin and her hair was packed in a neat bun while her body was covered totally in peach paint as she held the rollers that had some undried paint on them,she didn't seem to mind being covered in paint as she kept gesticulating and a few of those dropped down on me , she was lucky I was protected!
She kept going on and on about nice walls she had painted and how satisfied and pleased the young girl looked at her room, I wanted to to shoo her away, I had a lot on my little mind, I needed to think of a way to totally stay away and avoid dad as he kept throwing tantrums at me like a kid, it was all I could remember today and it made me shiver!

"Don't you have to go home? Your shifts over , right? And where are the others?" I asked taking my place behind the counter waiting for a bouncy customer who will help me forget about him....Dad!

"Nah! I'm working full time today. And as for the rest, I don't know where they are but I saw jackie some minutes ago, seems like he followed hugh to get those damn boxes!"she muttered incoherently.
And I wondered if she ever caught her breath during those sentences but people told me I was worse than ember when I talked. But how?

"Wait!" I had realized what she had said in the latter part of her speech, "Hugh came early and he went to get boxes with Jackie?" I asked tying my hair into a messy bun and she turned raising her eyes from the laptop she was clicking at and the design she was ranting about enhancing and how great it would look on a wall. I envied her...she was good at coming up with weird but creative designs...and I was just good at painting her designs.

" Yep maybe!" She replied and continued what she was doing.
" That means he knows I came fifteen minutes late?" I asked no one in particular and she replied again this time but chuckling. I was dead!

Then the bell rang and the door was opening and I began to recite those damn stupid behind the counter lines.
" Welcome to brush..." and I noticed who it was. "Hughard?!" I said tilting my head like I wasn't sure it was him. He carried three boxes each stacked on the other blocking his face at the mention of his name he began laughing at ' I don't know what' maybe because I had welcomed him to his own shop, he shoved his face with his scattered white hair from the back of the boxes and looked at me with his scattered grey hair and laughing, I hated it! And I swallowed my spit and jackie followed from behind, he was a tall lean boy with black raven coloured hair and pointed nose , he looked at me with more boxes because he was more privileged in height than Hugh and not to forget he wore those coveralls.
" Hey Jack!" Jackie greeted me
" Hey kie!"and he chuckled as I greeted back. Ember was so engrossed with whatever new design she was coming up with to notice that they have arrived and not to forget through the damn door.

"You came just now,right?" Hugh asked removing me from whatever thought was in my head, he dropped two of the boxes on the floor and one on the counter and rested his hand on it looking me straight in the eye and I pretended to be completely professional.
" Em-yes. Family drama, you know!" I said itching my head embarrassed

"Really jack? If you keep having those family drama you risk losing this job, you know that?" He said smiling as he sat on a chair nearby.
He always says that everytime like the line is rehearsed , but then I can't loose this job, I love my money! I need money, that's one of the only reasons I'm living!
" What you up to emy?" He asked a still engrossed ember. He even gave her a nickname , I was jealous only if dad isn't so dramatic.....I could've been the best worker here all this while.
" Nothing, just creating a new design that will look great in a bathroom" and hugh frowned he loved putting the least designs in the bathroom not the best and I laughed, they all turned to look at me and hugh shook his head. One thing about me, I was great at mocking!
Neither way, he went to sit closer to her as they shared ideas on it. Then I looked at the box on the counter it was slightly open and I opened it a little more to see Christmas lights in them. Then I froze, my breath hung up in my throat and then he spoke making it even worse.