6

Hyunjin's POV

After some days later. It was a peaceful day, but i woke up late. As a result i was late for school.
I quickly got up and did my morning routine real quick as my mom came to me with breakfast.
"Go after eating" she said as i frowned.

"I'm late today mom- like extremely late today i'm gonna get detention if i don-" i got cut off by her feeding me.
"Okay no more-" i said as i quickly got ready and got my bag and went outside to wear my shoes.

"TAKE YOUR LUNCH" she yelled as i sighed and took it. "Yeah now go." she added and smiled.
I quickly ran off, anyway.

I knew i was about to get made fun of by Minho that day because i was hella late. It wasn't like i hadnt liked it. I even liked how he made fun of me. I liked his everything. Like, every single thing. I wish he belonged to me.

But oh gosh, that third wheeler chan. I hope he understands that chan didnt care for him, at all. Nobody could care for him like i do. Jealousy got the best of me, i had to admit it.

I quickly got into the class after reaching, seeing the teacher still hadn't come. It was mr. Kang's period, i really thought he was gonna get me to detention.
I sighed in relief as i looked at Minho, who was also looking at me. When i did, he waved his hand.

I waved back. I didn't believe he actually said hi. The way didn't matter but a hi? I hadn't gotten it in a year or two i guess. Yeah, as always, i acted like i didn't care and blah blah. Went to my seat and started talking with Changbin.

"Hey, you're lucky today." he said as i nodded. "Yeah, i thought Mr. Kang would really punish me. Can't believe he actually is late." i replied as he looked at the door.
"Is he doing some of his experiments or what- should i go call him?" he said. "Nah, it's pretty good already. I'm not in a mood to do chemistry right now. In fact, i just woke up." i said as i yawned.
"Gosh, you lazy ass. I'm going to call him anyway." he said as he got up and went out of the classroom.

I rested my head on the desk and stared at Minho. He was as always, talking with his friends and people. I was always amazed at how he got the attention. I could never, honestly. Mr. Kang didn't lie when he said Minho had been perfect.
I mean he was perfect, for me.

I really wondered how i was to him, what he thought about me. Could it be i was just annoying to him or could it be he was thinking of me as a normal person? A regular person?

Tch, as if he'd even think of me.

I pulled myself up from the thoughts and looked outside the window. There was the garden, there was his tree, tacenda. I always had known the name but i pretented to forget it to annoy him. It was fun to annoy him, to be honest. The tree, was going. It wasnt a plant anymore. It was becoming a tree, my bad. But whatever it was, it wasnt stupid of him. I loved how he cared for a little tree, i loved how he'd talk to it for a long time just to relieve his stress and anxiety. Yeah, ive caught him talking about those, also about Chan, anyway. Not about me.

Something suddenly got my attention. The huge tree beside the school building was moving. The tree branches moved a bit and stopped, as if it had moved by it's own. I frowned at that and thought it was just wind. It was kind of that weather that day, it was windy.

Changbin hadn't come yet, i was bored already. I wondered what to do.

"Hey, Kim Seungmin," i addressed him. "Yeah what?"

"Have a chat with me, i'm bored. Like, verrrryyyyy bored." i said, stretching my arms. "Do your homework then, i bet you didn't do any."

"Bingo." i said as i sighed. "You're of no use. Stop studying all the time, you nerd." i said as he rolled his eyes. "As if i care. Im gonna tell mr. Kang that you didn't do your homework if you disturb me from studying, get that in your head." he warned as i pouted.
"Don't you think you're a little mean?"

"Whatever,"

"Today's very windy that the tree branches are moving by itselves," i started. He looked at me.
"You saw that too?"

"It's just the wind." i replied. "I thought so, too. But it was so unusual. Today is not very windy you know. I also didn't see any other branches move except for that one." i sighed.
"Is someone on the tree or what," i asked, jokingly. Not taking it very seriously. I stopped it when i looked at his very concerned face.

"Look, it's just the wind, what could cause it anyway.." i said to assure him, but he wasnt, anyway.
"I'm just a little afraid."

"Why'd you be? Its not some supernatural thing." i said as he sighed. "Yeah, i hope so too. It's just the wind probably."

"You're overthinking." i said.

"Maybe,"

"Maybe? You are definitely overthinking." i again said. He finally nodded.
"Well, i am, i guess?"

"Over-studying made your brain damaged. Don't study too much." i said to him as he looked out of the window again, so did i.

The branch was this time, actually moving. On its own. We both saw.

He looked at me. "And will still you say that it's because of the wind?" he asked, looking directly at my soul.
At some point, i became scared.

"What kind of stupid shit is that.." i was perplexed. I didn't know what was coming.