𝐯𝐢𝐢: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗻𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗱 b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀 :𝟕

♪♫❝ ᴬⁿᵈ ᴵ'ᵐ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗⁱʳᵉᵈ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᴵ ᵒⁿᶜᵉ ʷᵃˢ
ᴬⁿᵈ ᴵ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ˢˡᵉᵉᵖ
ᴮᵘᵗ ⁿᵒʷ ᴵ'ᵈ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗᵒ ʷᵃᵏᵉ ᵘᵖ
ᴵ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ʷᵃᵏᵉ ᵘᵖ ❞♪♫
— 𝚂𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 ʙʏ 𝙹𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚗 𝚂𝚞𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️♛⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

"𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 a wild witch hunt?" Annika looked up from her dinner at Emperor Belos in surprise.

The girl never thought she would be tasked with assisting in a wild witch hunt.

"Yes, you are, but-"

Of course, there had to be a 'but.'

"-Kikimora will be in charge of the hunt."

Annika sighed internally. Belos putting the little red demon in charge was no surprise. After all, no one was more loyal than her.

"So, am I there to help?" Annika wondered out loud.

"Yes." The Emperor replied and added. "I hope you won't disappoint me again, Annika."

The brunette felt a mocking laughter about to arise, but she tried her best to suppress it. She knew Belos' words were supposed to be a slap to the face, but it didn't hurt since she didn't care anymore.

Annika craving approval from the old man had left her mind long ago. But she also didn't want to be in the same room as him, so she got up from her seat. "I won't," she said, matter of factly.

"Good." He replied and gave the girl a look, a look she knew meant that he was waiting for her to ask permission from him.

"May I be excused?" She asked, trying not to let mockery lace her voice.

"You may."

And with that, Annika left the dining hall to return to her room.

Belos had given her a chance to help with a witch hunt, which he had never done before, so that told her he had some trust in her again. It also meant that Annika had found the perfect opportunity to help out wild witches. The girl had meant it when she swore at age fifteen that she would help wild witches and get rid of the sigils in any way possible.

But the starter proved more challenging than the latter since Annika had many times where she wanted to help wild witches but couldn't because she still feared receiving punishment from Belos, and he wasn't known to give light sentences. So she couldn't help wild witches in need at those times.

But this wild witch hunt could be the perfect chance for her to help others and keep the promise she had promised herself a year ago.

However, Annika knew well enough that if she wanted to help these potentially trapped witches, she would need to devise a clever and calculated plan.

Annika never thought in her life that she would be happy to have Kikimora on the same mission instead of someone like Hunter as her mission leader because the good thing about the red demon was that she would do anything to impress the crown princess.

In other words, she was a doormat for high-class people like Annika to step on-an advantage for the brunette but not for the little red demon.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

Annika wandered around her room that night to think of a plan to make the escape successful. The girl knew that she couldn't go and free the witches herself, or else evidence could lead back to her, and Belos would know for sure that she was the one who released them, so she had to keep her hands clean.