𝐢𝐱: 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝗿, 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗹, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘄𝗸𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝘀 :𝟗

♪♫❝ ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵉᵃᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃʳᵏ
ᴵ'ᵐ ˢᵗᵘᵐᵇˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃ qᵘᵉˢᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵐᵃʳᵏ
ᵂᵒⁿᵈᵉʳⁱⁿᵍ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵐᵉ ⁱᶠ ᴵ ᶠᵃˡˡ
ᴵᶠ ᴵ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᶜʳᵃˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃˡˡ ❞♪♫
— 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘 ʙʏ 𝙰𝚕𝚊𝚗 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛 & 𝚂𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚊 𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡 𝚂𝚕𝚘𝚊𝚗

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

𝐀/𝐍: sorry my a/n's at the beginning, but I do wanna clear some things up before you start reading. This chapter takes place in S2 E7, Eda's Requirem, which is after the episode of Hunting Palisman (S2 E6). Or in simpler words, I'm switching the canon episodes around, so my plot for this fic makes better sense.

K, bye! Enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment <3

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑢𝑠 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 always suspicious of Annika ever since she was announced as the crown princess, and he had reason to be. After all, it was odd that Emperor Belos would give the Golden Guard's position as the Emperor's successor to someone like Annika.

So Darius had dug through records to find any information on the crown princess to explain her sudden appearance.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊⟡
〚 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 〛
⟡₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

"Oh, you are in so much trouble."

Annika's facade had vanished, and her eyes widened. The head coven stepped closer, and the teen girl stepped back. He could see her body trembling at being discovered.

Sadness filled Darius' heart at the sight, and it got worse when Annika closed her eyes as if expecting to be punished for her deeds. Darius stopped when he realized he was getting too close to the girl's personal space.

"I won't hurt you, Annika. I just want to talk."

The brunette opened her eyes. "Oh yeah? About what?"

If the crown princess tried to be threatening, it didn't work since her voice trembled.

"Well, there's a lot to talk about." He replied.

"Like what?" She asked as her eyes started watering. "Just get to the point."

"For someone who's scared, you still got that fire inside you," Darius commented and continued. "I've been watching you for a while."

Annika squinted as she gave the coven head a look, taken aback by his words.

The purple-haired witch widened his eyes, realizing the sentence he had just uttered. "Oh, no, not in a creepy way." He tried to explain again. "I've been watching you because I don't trust you."

The crown princess furrowed her brows in confusion at Darius, who again realized his wording and touched the side of his forehead with his fingers. "Wait, no, that actually sounds worse now when I say it out loud."

"If you're planning on telling Belos, please don't," Annika begged with fear returning to her voice again.

When the coven head was silent, the teenager kept going. "I'll do anything."