Mission Ready

"Wakey Wakey..."

"Wake up." The man was visibly annoyed at the man. A low growl pointed at the prisoner.

The shackled man was unresponsive, almost on purpose, as if he knew that would upset the person asking him to wake up.

"SX-1221, honestly, it's such a shame that you refuse to give in to HYDRA fully; if you give in, we could have ruled the world years ago."

The injured teen looked up, slowly blinking, his tired eyes wandering until they met the captor.

"Ahhh... Back again so soon, Zaros. We should stop meeting like this; at this point, I think you might have a crush on me." A wide shit-eating grin appears on his face to punctuate his cavalier attitude.

"Honestly, boy, if we were allowed to kill you, I would have done it years ago. Sadly you're just that big of an asset for us even if you somehow manage to break the control after a day or two. Would it not just be easier to give us complete control over it? It's a miracle how you manage to break the brainwashing every time." The man spat at SX-1221. Lowering himself down until he's at eye level before grabbing a fist full of hair and yanking it back so he can stare him down.

"Tell me how you do it. Just give in."

SX-1221 grin only widened, unwavering in the face of his torturer. His eyes were bloodshot, tired, broken and sacred, yet focused on Zaros. "I'll tell you the moment I sleep with your mom and not a second sooner." before laughing in his face as if he had reached the pinnacle of comedy.

"That can be arranged," Zaros replied, clearly annoyed by the experiment.

His words took back the experiment, only to look at him with a bemused look. Zaros opened his mouth to continue but was cut off by SX.

"Well, too bad, your mom's probably just a fat doink like you." That shit-eating grin is ever present watching Zaros.

"She was lovely, I'm sure. After this last mission, you can join her 6 feet under." Zaros unexpectedly grinned at the experiment for the first time since knowing him.

"Stop that. It's so creepy. Like, id rather be dead than watch you even come close to me with a smile. That's nightmare fuel." Shivers ran down the experiment's spine.

"Oh, don't worry, I won't be haunting them for long." his head turned slowly to nod at the goons stationed beside him. The two goons nodded back, one moving towards the restraints fulling the lever. SX-1221 let out a low growl in an attempt to resist.

"I preferred talking to the twins compared to you. At least they knew how to hold a conversation." he spat out. His voice displays hatred against the man. A slight yawn sounded throughout the room.

The handler's arm raised before stopping, his hand closed into a tight fist as a sign to the others. A low hiss of gas being released filled the room before the sound spark ignited the forge. SX-1221 clenched his jaw, preparing for what was to come—slowly lifting his head to look Zaros in his cold dead eyes.

"Come on, guys, not this again. I mean, we could skip this stage. I could listen to what you say for an hour or two." he tried to quip, hoping to talk his way out of the pain.

"I will miss our chats and the way you scream after, but I guess this will be the last time I hear that sweet, sweet sound of your pain. Besides, you know that we like you weak before we activate the words; otherwise, you just break the hold earlier and try to run like last time. Worry not. After this mission, the words won't be in your head anymore. I guess neither will your brains."

A smug, sly grin of condescension looked down at the boy before signalling the others in the room to proceed. They moved the now red-glowing Wrought iron rods with the metal tongs into place, each radiating heat close to 1200 degrees.