Chapter 1

Brian sighed putting away the last cardboard box in the back of his car, taking one last look at the apartment he'd been living in for the past 8 years. It was time to start somewhere else.

After an almost 2 hour ride, he arrived at the modern looking apartment building, which looked much better than the one he used to live in. Before opening the trunk, he took a look around the calm neighbourhood.

A child fiddling with his fingers, looking down with a sad face while walking past him, it was immediately obvious to Brian that this child just came back from school with a bad grade.

After hours and hours of unpacking, assembling the simple furniture he'd be needing such as the bed, table, etc...

It was safe to say Brian was beyond tired, not to mention he'd be leaving for work not tomorrow, but the day after. He decided the rest of the unpacking would be done next weekend after his first week of work, which started on Monday.

Antdew High, it was the school where the 31 year old male would be teaching. While it was a 'regular' high-school and not anything like a private school or international one, it still had prestige and was well known.

It would be hist first time teaching psychology to 10th, 11th and 12th graders, yet he felt exhausted already thinking of all the bratty childeren he'd be teaching. However, he'd prefer anything over his previous job.

His last job was... let's say it wasn't pleasant.

And so the clock striked midnight and it became Sunday. Getting some clothes out of one of the boxes so he could take a quick shower, he cursed himself for forgetting a toothbrush and toothpaste.

Brian had two options:

1.take a shower and go to bed without brushing his teeth

2.go to a convenience store if there's one nearby to buy both a toothbrush and toothpaste, if there is not one nearby, he goes back to option 1.

And so he quickly took his phone out of his pocket to check for any nearby stores that are still open. And what do you know, a 7 minute walk and there's a convenience store.

Putting his shoes back on, he made sure he had his wallet and newly acquired key with him before leaving.

Brian, while being 5'6 which is short for his age, actually walks very fast. He made it in 4 minutes and walked inside. It looked like any convenience store really, so he quickly started looking for a toothbrush. He was honestly surprised there'd be any convenience stores open at this hour.

He nearly bumped into a tall man, he was blonde and easily reached 6'2. This made Brian think of when he was young and wished his brown hair was blonde too. He's come to appreciate his dark brown hair over the years though.

The tall man didn't even notice Brian, and continued walking to the register. From where he was standing, Brian could see the blonde had bought some chocolate bars and more sugary sweets, which you wouldn't expect from someone like him. He also bought coffee pads, probably to stay awake?

The blonde actually looked quite fit, not fat all. Brian was envious of his length at that moment, it must be a great advantage with the ladies. Although, he looked very sleep deprived. Which was obvious, since he was buying snacks at this hour.

The man also had a leather bag around his shoulder, which got Brian thinking. The clothes, the eye bags, the bag itself... someone who's staying up very late and uses coffee to stay up even later. The bag which looks perfect for holding papers and maps. This man must be something of a teacher, or someone who writes reports.

But alas, the man paid and left, and so Brian finally found toothpaste and walked toward the register. A young teenage girl was standing behind it, it surprised him seeing a young girl on her own at this hour out. Do her parents pick her up after work? It's not safe to walk on her own.

Yet he couldn't bring himself to ask her any of this, for all he knows she's older than she looks and someone will pick her up.

Brian did this a lot whenever he saw people. He'd think about every detail of said person he's looking at. Trying to figure everything out like the person is some sort of puzzle. He liked solving puzzles.

Nevertheless, he never spoke these thoughts out loud. If anyone were to hear them they'd think he was crazy or something.

Paying for the items, he starts walking back towards the new apartment building. He was very surprised however when he saw the same blond man entering the lot next to his, talk about coincidence.