o. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃

( take a walk to the
edge of town and
go across the tracks )

( where the viaduct looms like a bird of doom as it shifts and cracks )

( where the viaduct
looms like a bird of doom
as it shifts and cracks )

( where the viaduct looms like a bird of doom as it shifts and cracks )

( where secrets lie in the
border fires in the
humming wires )

𝐒 𝐘 𝐍 𝐎 𝐏 𝐒 𝐈 𝐒

────

ASTRID KONING WAS NO STRANGER TO DEATH. From a young age, she knew the icy, glazed look that overcame an individuals eyes as a life that was once so beautiful, bled and drained itself from their bodies. She knew the grotesque feel of lukewarm, cooling skin beneath her fingertips. She knew the feeling of utter desperation and exhaustion and simmering malice as well, for when she fished KAZ REITVELD from the harbor, clinging to the decaying, bloated body of his brother, it was all she could bear to remember of that day.

And it was on that day that two children, two unsuspecting children, scarred from what they'd seen and felt and witnessed, drowning in grief and anger, died. The boy Astrid knew was no longer the boy she'd shared hot chocolates and practiced shoddy sleight of hand with. KAZ BREKKER emerged from the harbor. ASTRID DIRIKS vowed to follow, in a fiery storm of vengeance and death.  The lives of Astrid Koning and Kaz Reitveld were drowned in the harbor and left on Reapers Barge to rot.

Two children grew into two teenagers with a thirst for revenge like none had ever seen. DIRTYHANDS and his DIVINE VENGEANCE  would live to see the world burn at their feet. And the first kindlings of those wicked, all-consuming flames would begin in this fashion-- a living Saint that they would risk life and limb to abduct simply for a chance at one million kruge.