Did I Just Die Watching Fishermen Videos?

The annoying sound of the fan by the door began to rattle, becoming increasingly irritating. The white walls were tainted with the orange light emitted from the sun as it prepared for its shift change. The soft blaring of music echoed throughout the room.

The girl on the messy bed was deeply engrossed in her laptop, watching videos of people catching fish. Her long blonde hair fell messily around her face and over her shoulders, occasionally brushing against the earbuds of her headphones. Her brown eyes were fixed intently on the screen, watching the fishermen explain the type of fish they had caught.

A loud knock disrupted the calmness of the room. Mitsu frowned as she removed one earbud and paused her video.

"Are you awake?" a soft voice questioned as they opened the door to the room.

The girl quickly hid her earplugs and changed tabs. "Yup, I've been awake for a while now, just working on missing homework." She quickly lied, smiling towards her mother who was now standing in the doorway.

Her mother softly sighed and looked down at the sick girl, known as Mitsu. She walked towards her and handed her daughter a few pills. "Take these; they'll help."

Mitsu nodded and grabbed the pills from her mother's hands, setting them onto her nightstand.

"Oh, and by the way, your team is gonna come visit you tomorrow, so make sure you clean up your room, okay?" Her mother added as she looked around the young girl's room and noticed how messy it was.

Mitsu turned to her. "Okay, got it." Her brown eyes wandered around her room, knowing damn well that she isn't going to clean it.

Her mother nodded before leaving and closing the door behind her.

Mitsu wore a smile until the door closed. The room was now filled with white noise.

Returning to her concealed earbuds, Mitsu switched tabs back to the fishing videos, her momentary relief shattered by a fit of coughing.

Crimson blood dripped down to the messy bed, tainting it red. Her throat felt dry as she felt her lungs burn, making it much harder for her to breathe. She'd been holding it in, not wanting her mom to know about her deteriorating condition.

Her symptoms matched up with a basic cold, but lately, her symptoms had changed for the worse.

'Damn'...

"Wake up."

"Wake up."

'What the hell...?'

Mitsu was in a state of confusion; she remembered dying. It was vivid, so it being just a bad dream seemed unrealistic, but then again, she's had pretty realistic dreams. Did the medicine work? That's also impossible since she never took any of the pills.

That's probably why she died anyway.

Then what is the reason for this annoying voice?

She finally opened her eyes; she jolted up. It felt as if she was falling.

She looked at her surroundings and noticed a few doors, but that didn't concern her at the moment.

Her body felt light, and she wasn't having difficulties breathing anymore. This time she wasn't wearing her PJs; instead, she was in a beautiful white dress, looking like a flower girl.

She slowly stood up and looked around her. She was surrounded by four doors.

As Mitsu contemplated the doors, the mysterious voice returned, weaving through the air like a gentle melody.