Chapter 5

"So! Since you don't remember your old name, I think that means you get to choose a new one!" Mikey excitedly claimed on their trek back to the lair with their new addition in tow. Literally, in tow. Mikey ran circles around Leo who carried their new friend on his shell with his legs under her knees, Mikey dubbed it a "Shell Ride".

The girl was tired from the stress of trying to survive on her own for the last couple of days and the loss of adrenaline (after being run over by Mikey earlier that day) didn't help matters. Her eyes were barely open as she listened and watched the energetic turtle, but she still managed to crack a smile and hum in agreement with Mikey. 

She was content, warm, and safe atop Leonardo as he walked and the realization almost made her cry. She snuggled her nose deeper into Leo's neck and sighed happily, knowing that her being with the crazy walking, talking turtles would somehow make everything work out, and that brought some much-needed comfort to her soul.

Leo nearly tripped and dropped the girl when he felt her breath against his neck, sending thrills up and down his spine that left him wondering 'What the heck just happened?'. Blood flooding his cheeks, he marched on, sending silent thanks that he didn't trip and make a fool of himself in front of his brothers, mainly Raph, and the girl. He turned his head to look over his shoulder and he saw something that made him pause: Peace. The girl was at peace. 'She is really pretty...'

The sudden stop of her noble steed made the girl's eyes open and lock eyes with Leonardo's, she was confused as to why he stopped and was looking at her like she was the reason why. "Is something wrong?" She asked quietly, not able to muster up the strength to speak any louder.

Leo turned back around, face extra heated at being caught staring, and squeaked out "Nope. Thought I saw somethin" and continued on his way.

The girl's attention drifted from Leo back to Mikey who was now calling out random names with a couple of suggestions from one of the brothers.

"-lly, or Maddie, or Abigail, or Lisa, Liza, Tori, Elisa, Betty, Magnolia,-"

"oh, what about Sophia?" Donnie asked

The girl let out a breathy laugh at how persistent the brothers were at finding a name that she liked, but the names they had called out weren't doing it for her. She shook her head with a kind smile, motioning for them to keep calling out names with her hand.

Mikey was the first to take advantage of the silence again, "What about Harper? or Zoe?"

Another shake of the head was his answer, Donnie piped up with his suggestions again: "What do you think of a name that starts with a vowel? Like Aurora, Evelyn, Adyln, and Olivia?"

The name Evelyn did stand out to her, but after giving it a test run in her head she decided it was a beautiful name, just not for her. She shook her head with a smile.

Mikey called on Leo, "Leooooo it's your turn to offer some names".

Taking a moment to think, he loved names that could be shortened to good nicknames or call names.

"How about Elisabetta?" shake of the head, Leo continued: "Liliana?" a hum of thought, but he got a gentle shake of her head in response. Giving up, he called on the last brother "Raph, your turn" he called out lazily.

Raph, who was busy sulking at the fact they now had a girl to babysit, snapped his attention to Leo. "Huh? Whatcha want now oh fearless one?" He asked with a roll of his eyes.

Leo, trying not to let Raph's attitude bother him, let the comment slide, "We are trying to come up with names for her, it's your turn".

"Ughh fine-" he turned his attention to the sleepy girl on his brother's shell to study her. Thinking that while she seems shy at the moment, she has to be strong in order to be on her own for a couple of days and so she must have a fitting name.

"How about Jade?" He called out begrudgingly, she looked over her shoulder and kindly shook her head. He called out several more before he was ready to give up, "FINE then!! What about Raelynn? Huh does that make ya happy?!" He snapped at the girl

The girl's eyes lit up at the name and excitedly nodded her head at the name, "Y-yes I like that name!! I want that name!" She exclaimed with a smile

Raphael was dumbfounded that she actually liked a name he called out. "Wait seriously? I was just kidding..". She vigorously nodded. 'Well of course, I'm the best at everything' he reassured himself, 'Of course she would like a name I'd suggest'. His pride flickered back to life after that.

Mikey was probably the most excited of them all "Sweet new name Dudette! Raelynn, little Ray-ray, ray-bird, Leah, Ele, Ellie, Rae, I could go on guys!! Raph, not too shabby on the name!" He said, clasping Raph on the shoulder. 

The group came upon the entrance to the Lair a couple of minutes later and the group came to a stop.

"So... who's going first?" Donnie piped up

Mikey shouted, "NOSE GOES!" and there was a flurry of movement, each brother rushing to touch their noses and yelling "NOT IT!" and debating in a hushed yell about who was last: Raphael.

He scoffed, crossing his arms with a scowl, "You guys are all a bunch of wusses..." he started for the entrance but stopped in his tracks and looked down at his feet "Oh? Have we always had two toes?" 

Mikey pushed him into the lair like an offering. 

Raph stood at the entrance of the lair, and he quickly took a look around the room but he was cut short when they all heard:

"YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN RAPHAEL!? WHERE ARE YOUR BROTHERS!? ANSWER ME!" An enraged father rat around 5.5 ft tall jumped through the air towards the supposedly-brave turtle who looked like he was ready to crawl under a rock and stay there for three years. 

Raphael was quick to back up and away from the fire-breathing father, sweat already leaving trails down his face, and he would never admit but he was pretty sure he felt his oversized pants become a little damper when his father whipped his tail across the ground, the sound echoing.

"He-Hey Dad! Oh me? I-I'm good! We all are! I just- no, WE just wanted a little walk to stretch our legs ya know? Hehe..hehe... ehhhh...." Raphael found his voice wasn't strong enough yet to stand up to his father's anger. 'maybe in another couple of years...' Giving up, he moved aside from the entrance of the lair and called out defeatedly.

"Guys... just, get in here..."

3 green heads popped around the corner, one after another. All wearing very. Very. Guilty. Faces. They tried a smile but it faltered when Splinter's face raised an expecting brow and his eyes didn't dim. And finally, much to the surprise of Splinter, a fifth head popped out from around the corner.

Splinter could hardly believe it. All his hours preaching about how his sons need to stay away from people and they BRING ONE HOME. Taking a deep breath before his anger could get ahead of him, he knew he had to first analyze the situation. 

His sons were gone for three hours, 'more than likely due to Michaelangelo or Raphael's persuasion'. They came across a human. The human appears to be a child. The child doesn't appear to be quite human, 'Another mutant? Very low chances but... still possible I would assume'.

Taking another moment to calm himself, he believed he HAD taught his sons at least some common sense and deemed there must be a sensible reason why they would bring the child to their home. He was still upset, however.

Taking a moment to look deeply at each of his sons, "There had better be a VERY good reason why you would bring someone here and possibly ruin our way of life and chances of survival." he sternly announced without leaving any room for argument. He turned around and headed for their 'living room' of sorts, and let out a sigh knowing this was going to be an even longer night than he had thought.

-Please like and comment :)