Prologue: October 31st 1981

A/N: My chapters usually aren't this short and will be longer in later updates. 

      The night of Samhain changed everything for the Potter Family, living in a small cottage in Godrics Hallow, where at the moment Ophelia Potter watched as her brother prodded his fingers in between the cracks of her crib. 

"Ophelia." He babbled, pointing at her.  As he toddled around their shared bedroom, he came back to the crib showing his sister the different toys they shared. Most parents would be wary of a three-year-old son and six-month-old sharing a room yet, James and Lilly both knew their son was heavily protective over his younger sister and was careful with every movement he made with her. 

"It's her first Halloween." Lilly sighed leaning her head on James's shoulder, watching Harry show his sister, the toddler broom that Sirius had bought him the previous Christmas. "I thought this would have ended by now. "

"I know Lilly, I know," James spoke softly, picking up Harry. They had stopped going to order meetings one year ago, as Harry grew older and as the light side grew antsier about the prophecy date.  At the end of the December month, their only contact became Dumbledore, and then since the change of the secret keeper with Sirius, Dumbledore, and Peter in attendance, nothing. No news went in or out of the cottage. 

No one else knew about little Ophelia. She was truly unplanned in the chaos of being in hiding, yet, Lilly thanked Merlin every day that her Fieli was born. She was truly a light that kept them laughing especially when Harry acted like a protective big brother. After she was first born, Harry couldn't pronounce Ophelia so the nickname "Fieli" was born and stuck so much that James had even bought her a locket with a family photo and the name "Fieli" engraved on it

For a moment, the scene was peaceful but the slam of their back gate being opened shattered the domestic calm. James peered through the window before kissing his wife like it was the last thing he would ever do.

"Lily, take Harry and Ophelia! It's him! Go! Run! Hide!"

"I'll hold him off ——" James shouted running down the stairs, taking them two at a time. 

Lilly was a mess of frantic emotions as she picked up Harry setting him in the crib with his sister.

"Protect Fieli, Harry, and stay strong." She whispered, flinching at the shouting downstairs. She turned to her daughter. "My darling Ophelia."

"Mummy and Daddy love you very much, both of you." 

The spellfire and the sound of James cursing downstairs had tear-stricken Lilly jumping up and spelling the door shut with charms and curses that would be useless in the end and that is when Harry got to work. 

He picked his sister up quietly, climbing out of the crib with more strength than a toddler should have.  He felt strange as if this was something he had to do, he placed her in a cubby, pushing the door cracked, slightly. He got behind his mother, grabbing her leg the door flew open. The spells she used rendered useless against the Dark Lord's power. 

Harry heard his mother beg. "Not them, please not my babies!" She fired spell after spell at Voldemort while standing in front of her children or what she thought to be both children. 

A cruel cold voice responded in turn.  "Stand aside you silly girl ... stand aside now."

" please no, take me, kill me instead —– " She begged. 

There was a shrill scream, the scream of their mother. After a flash of green light that's when Harry, who had stood silently clutching her leg began to wail. 

Ophelia watches through the crack in the cabinet as the green light flashed again, and all was silent. 

A night neither Potter child would remember.

A man came and went with the unconscious three-year-old boy, neither wizard knew of the sleeping baby in the cabinet. A transaction of a motorcycle and a godfather saying goodbye to his godson as a half-giant carried the boy out in his arms on an old wizard's orders. Only when the house was smithereens and the muggle-repelling charms destroyed was little Ophelia pulled from the wreckage, clutching a golden locket in her tiny fist.  

Assuming the rest of the family died in the fire, the girl was sent to an orphanage far from where she was found, in the countryside of Britain. With only a nickname on the locket and photos of a family in a heart-shaped locket, she was entered into Fahgrenten Orphanage for Misplaced Children under the name Feili and the surname, Red, for her hair. 

In a Little Whinging, 139 miles away, a sleeping and an obliviated toddler was placed on a doorstep with a letter clutched in his fist. During this time, wizards and witches all over the United Kingdom were raising their glasses and making toasts.

"To Harry." They spoke. "The Boy Who Lived." 

And no mention of Ophelia Adelaide Potter was ever made.