Chapter 41

PAST (ADHIRAJ - 10 KAIRA-7)

"Where are we going mumma?" Little Kaira held her brother's hand, skipping her way through the palace.

"We are going to Ranawat's palace for Diwali Kayu" Her father, Rakesh said carrying her in his arms. She stared at the large palace with her almond eyes shining in excitement.

"It is so big" Ranveer said taking in all of the palace. Kaira nodded her head. The parents chuckled at their amusement.

Soon the Ranawats welcomed the Saxena's.

"Bhai...icecream" Kaira pointed towards the waiter roaming with icecream on each table. Seeing their parents busy amongst the Ranawats.

"Let's go" Ranveer helped Kaira get down the chair. Both looked her and there and ran to the waiter. The waiter smiled at their excitement and handed them the bowls of icecream. The brother-sister duo walked to the balcony and sat on the swing, eating their ice-creams peacefully.

"Veer...Kayu" Rakesh came screaming their names. Hearing their father, both finished the icecream quickly and returned the bowls to the waiter and rushed inside.

"Come here" He asked his kids to stand infront of him.

"Meet them, they also study in the same school as you" Rakesh introduced the Saxena kids to Ranawat kids. Ranveer introduced himself to them but Kaira hid behind Ranveer. 

"Am Rishav" Rishav introduced himself to the Saxena kids. His eyes were stuck on the innocent dove who hid behind Ranveer shyly.

"She's shy. She'll come around with time" Ranveer said taking Kaira's side as always.

"Veer...Kayu, come here" Their mother called them. The kids immediately ran to their mother. Kaira turned around to look at Rishav who was already staring at her. Unsure about herself, she waved at him with a small smile. Rishav waved back at her with a greater smile.

PRESENT

Adhiraj immediately left the mic and caught her in his arms. He walked inside the restaurant and laid her down on the coach. His friends followed him worried about Kaira's health. Splashing a few drops of water on her face, she regained consciousness. 

Her eyes fell on worried Adhiraj. Her hands raised halfway in air to ask him about why he was worried but then the events of the night flushed through her. Creating gap between her and Adhiraj, she stood up straightening her saree, ignoring everyone's worried looks.

"Drop me at the Shekhawats" She said looking at Adhiraj with 0 emotion.

"Kaira..." Kavisha whispered her name nervous about Kaira's reaction. Kaira's eyes snapped at Kavisha.

"I want to go!" She said to Adhiraj looking at Kavisha. Adhiraj held his head in his hands wondering on how to talk to Kaira so she doesn't consider him the bad one.

"Kaira... please stay calm. We all can explain, please" Kishan said noticing that Adhiraj wasn't in the condition to say anything, hence intervened.

"I. WANT. TO. GO!" She said clenching her jaw, ignoring everything.

"Its fine guys. Its our personal matter. Thanks for helping" Adhiraj stood up and hugged everyone before walking out with Kaira who stood away from them, contiously checking time.

Adhiraj asked the valet to get the car. Soon they sat in and drove back to palace.

"Kavisha is still your bestfriend?" Kaira asked looking out of the window. Adhiraj couldn't decipher the ulterior meaning of her question and decided to answer her, as long as she was talking to him and didn't shut him out completely.