Two

"Girl, get yo ass ova hea so we can film this damn video!" Doris laughs out, as Courtney looked up from her phone, "You can text yo bae later." Ariyan says. Courtney smiles, "Shut uppp!" She whines. Ariyan shakes her head, "It's been two weeks, y'all ain't tired of talkin n bein on the phone yet?" She asks. Courtney instantly shakes her head, "She's so sweet, and she's so fineee like it's just, I can't!" She says with a bright smile. Seeing Courtney this happy made Ariyan happy.

While Courtney told Doris and Ariyan everything, Courtney confided in Ariyan a lot more. Not because Doris wasn't trust worthy, but because Ariyan wasn't as busy as Doris and never caught her in her weak moments. It wasn't that Courtney was desperate for somebody, that was far from that. She just wanted that affection. She craved that affection, so getting it from somebody made her all giddy and happy.

Doris smiles, "Girl, I will beat yo ass if you don't come on." She jokes making Courtney groan, "Fineee fineee." She says, putting her phone down after typing a quick message and walked over to the girls (a/n video above✊🏾)

"Damn, that's crazy." Slone laughs, glancing over at Courtney who was telling her what happened on their video. Slone liked Courtney, truth be told. She couldn't wait to see the taller girl in person. Only reason she really pursued Courtney like she did was because she was suppose to be moving back down to her hometown and she wanted to surprise the older woman. Courtney giggles, "They're some assholes!" She says, referring to the two favorite people in her life.

Slone laughs slightly, "Dats me n my homeboy. Nigga been wit me since we was jits. Been wit me thru some hard times, man."

14-year-old Slone teared up. Her hands trembled slightly while staring down at the message her aunt sent. She knew her aunt didn't like her, but she felt her heart crack at the message. Kendrick peaks his head in, "Slone?" Just then, the soft cry escaped her bandaged throat. Kendrick shakes his head and runs over to Slone, "Slone, it's okay, Slone..." Kendrick says, being careful not to touch any of the bullet wounds that were littered all over the younger girl's body.

Kendrick's parents walked into the guest room Slone was staying in. The first thing Kendrick's mom did was grab Slone's phone. After reading the paragraph with her husband, her eyes hardened but then softened up when she seen the state that her baby's best friend was in, "It's ok, sweetie..." The woman says softly, gently picking the very light girl up and cradling her, "Is Slone going to be ok, mama?" Kendrick asks, his eyes full of nothing but worry. Kendrick's dad ruffles his hair, "She gon be ok, kid." He says.

Courtney sees Slone's face falter a bit, "Slone?" She asks. Slone tilts her head towards Courtney, "Yeah, princess?" She asks. Courtney felt her face heat up, "Are you ok?" She asks. Slone nods wordlessly. Courtney frowns, "Are you sure, baby?" She asks quietly. Slone hums, "Yea, I'm sure. Don't worry yo pretty head, princes- Bro, GET THE FUCK OUT MY WAYYYY!" She suddenly yells making Courtney cackle.

The next morning, Courtney wakes up with a slight groan, silently cursing the light that blinded her. Glancing over at her phone. Slone was sleep in her gaming chair with her head thrown back. She still had her AirPods in which Courtney was surprised weren't dead. Courtney took in Slone's expression. Her whole body was tense and her face was scrunched up slightly.

"Baby." Courtney mutters softly, watching in awe how Slone's whole body reacted to her words. She seemed a lot more relaxed, as if she just needed to hear a voice. Or just Courtney's voice. Courtney tried her luck again, "Baby, I'm here." She says. Slone moves slightly before humming. Courtney tried to suppress her smile, "Baby, get up and lay in your bed." She says. Slone shook her head before mumbling something.

Courtney let's out a breathy giggle making Slone tilts her head and opens her eyes slightly, "Princess please, lemme sleep..." She says in her sleepy voice. Courtney felt a familiar pit build up in her stomach, "Get in your bed, I know you're uncomfortable." Courtney says, "I'm not about to argue with you." She says with a soft finality in her voice. Slone eyed Courtney with an unreadable expression before groaning and getting up.

Slone was wearing a white wife beater and a pair of grey sweats. Slone picked up her phone, "I know how long you sleep, baby and I don't want you uncomfortable." Courtney continued in a quiet voice. Slone rubs her eye and nods before propping her phone, getting her bed and grabbing a pillow to sleep on. Courtney watches Slone for a little bit before getting up and going to the bathroom to do her daily routine.

Courtney gently washes her face, blowing a heavy breath. Was she ready for this type of commitment? Slone was everything she's ever wanted in a partner. Kind, caring, understanding, silly. Her communication skills needed work, but everything else was such a green flag. It was scary but it made her feel warm. And safe. Courtney dries her face and looks over at her phone. She sees Slone looking at her through hooded eyes while holding her pillow still.

Courtney let's a nervous smile spread across her face, "Stop being a weirdo." She mutters. Slone laughs slightly, "I'm being a weirdo for admirin what's mine?" Courtney felt her heart rate increase, "Since when was I yours?" She asks quietly. Slone just smirks and closes her eyes.

A/n
Chapter was so random but idc