41: Realisation

(Chapter - 41)

The party was not like one where people seemed to be happy and dancing their asses off but rather was a business hub where people were busy cracking a deal with each other. Heeseung carefully scanned the venue as soon as he stepped into the hall, eyes as fast as a hawk. He observed Yera walking slowly behind him and decided to pause for a while so that she walks by his side. He gently smiled at Yera who was aimlessly looking towards the people, knowing none and decided the envelope his hand with hers as he squeezed her hand lightly, giving her affirmation.

"And who this pretty women is by your side, Mr. Lee?" A middle aged man appeared in front of both of them and Heeseung greeted him politely, doing a firm handshake and started talking about their business as they sat themselves on sofas that were placed opposite to eachother.

"Heeseung, I wanna go back home." She whispered in his ear nervously, retrieving herself back to maintain a decent distance. Heeseung scanned her whole face, looking towards her with concern. "Mr. Hwang, don't worry the deal stands there. It was a pleasure meeting you." He said as he gently got up, his hand staying at the little of her back as he guided her to a secluded zone that was reserved only for him.

"What happened? Tell me." Heeseung asked her, insisting her to speak up as he made her sit on the sofa and bent down to her height in front of her and placed his black coat on her form. "I am still listening, don't hesitate." He said as he grabbed her hand which gave the girl an unfamiliar warmth. "I feel light headed and at the same time my head feels like it's gonna burst." Within a click, worry was displayed all over his face as he ordered his men around for water, energy drinks and some medicines. "I feel cold." She said as she spread her arms out for him to hug her, standing on her wobbly feet, but Heeseung was quick enough to catch her and steady her up. He gently held her by her waist and let her rest on his chest.

His eyes were in shock when he read the thermometer. She needed emergency care and certainly her condition was too bad and the only solution was hospitalisation. He quickly sat on the backseat of the car with her on his lap and shouted at the driver to take them to his hospital. She was mumbling incoherent things in her sleep as Heeseung rubbed her hands one by one in order to provide her warmth. "Who said you to come when you are ill, stupid girl?" He lightly tapped her cheek. "You." was all she replied as she looked at him with her barely open eyes but soon a smile took over her face as she noticed how worried he looked because of her, his love for her was not over yet.

Glancing at him for the last time, she closed her eyes in peace as Heeseung kept calling out her name while shaking her a bit, but all went in vain as she was suffering from high fever from the past two days. Heeseung sat there with her on his lap, his heart feeling as if it was crumbling, he felt the fear of losing someone after many years. He took no time to get off the car while carrying her in his arms and rushing to the emergency ward.

He sat patiently outside her room, feeling devastated when a teenager walked by and sat opposite to his seat, peeking in the room. "It seems like you really love my sis." The girl spoke to him, taking Heeseung to a shock. "Who are you?" He asked the girl who was indeed Narae. She just smiled and told her the whole story of how much Yera had sacrificed for her.

"And how could you say that I love her? Are you reading my mind?" Heeseung chuckled a bit. Narae smiled and shook her head and said, "Your actions tell it all, brother. Not only me, anyone could have guessed it." "Then why can't she guess it?" Heeseung asked her. "She is having a hard time lately. She returns back home really late and is always looking exhausted. I have rarely seen her smile, she doesn't go outside to spend some quality time other than her work." Narae added on, which put Heeseung into stress.

"Don't worry bro, she will eventually realise it someday." She patted on his back as affirmation, a smile ghosted on Heeseung's lips upon hearing the confidence in her voice.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️