Breaking The Silence

Annabeth

Today was the day, today, the day I will showcase my newest song. It's about an ex... his name is Percy Jackson.

I loved him, he loved me. But, I guess I was oblivious. My best friends, Luke Castellan, Piper McLean, and Thalia Grace, all tried to warn me about him.

But I didn't believe them, I thought he was different than the other guys I'd dated. I was wrong.

I was currently in my room with Piper and Thalia. Piper was wearing a chalky-brown skin-tight dress with some knee-high brown boots. Her hair was loose around her shoulders, a white feather and beads braided into it. Thalia was wearing a T-shirt that said 'Death to Barbie' with a skull, and she was wearing some black leather pants, her shoes were black sneakers. Her choppy black hair was hanging loosely everywhere.

I was currently getting ready, I am a little bit famous. I have 1 million+ listeners, but I don't care about that. I only care about my songs, the same songs I pour my heart and soul into.

I was wearing a black leather dress with sequins embedded into it. I had black boot heels that were comfy compared to what I'd worn so far. My hair was in waves going down to my hips. My makeup was done, my eyeshadow was silver, and my lips were a matt-nude-pink.

I looked at myself in the mirror, Piper was fixing my hair the best she could. My show was in an hour, at 8 PM.

"Are you done yet?" Thalia asked, obviously annoyed. "Ugh, fine," Piper groaned. I chuckled and got up from my seat.

"So, are you going to let us see your new song or what?" Piper asked as someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" I called.

Luke walked in, walked over to Thalia, and gave her a quick kiss. She blushed and waved him off. He came over to me and hugged me supportively.

"You're gonna do so well out there," He said, pulling out of the hug and smiling at me. I smiled back.

You see, Thalia and Luke are like the parents I never had. Piper is like the sister I never had. They're family to me. Thalia, Luke, and I ran away with each other when I was seven, Thalia was 12, and Luke was 14. Then our families found us, and we were introduced to Piper.

We became a little family, all of our families neglected us so we created our own. And we were fine with that, we love each other.

My father was there, but he was never really there. My mother left when I was five, saying she needed to be free. Thalia's mother was a bit insane because she lost her identity when she got addicted to her husband and drugs. Luke's mother had always been insane and sometimes she looked like her eyes were glowing green, no one knows why. One day, she just died. Piper's mother only cares for beauty and fashion and her father is a famous actor.

Then when we found Percy I thought I was complete... until he broke my heart. He left, for no reason whatsoever. I accepted it, but I never stopped writing songs about him. I made this song to be officially done with him.

I took a deep breath, looking at the clock and realizing I had five minutes to get on stage. "Ah shit," I whispered under my breath, I ran out of the room yelling a quick goodbye.

I looked out the window and saw the stage with thousands of people waiting out there for me.

It was surreal, I never thought I would make it this far in life. I ran through the corridors, making it to the stage.

"May we present, the one and only, Annabeth Chase!" the announcer announced.

I took a deep breath and walked onto the stage, ignoring the roaring crowd and just waving and smiling.