Age: 8

Beep....
Beep....
Beep....

The noise was becoming unbearable. Every day every night that's all I heard.

Beep...

Being hooked up to these tubes, like snakes they bound me to this bed with their teeth connected to my body. Their venom being the only thing keeping me alive.

Beep....

I looked over to see my mother asleep on the couch. I felt sorry for her, with my father off fighting in this stupid war, and me fighting for my life, itseems like she's the one fighting the toughest battle.
As much as I would love to comfort her I knew I could not. A mask over my face I couldn't utter a single sound other than a murmur. I was usless. a pile of flesh depending on wires, tubes, and beeps to keep me alive.

Beep....

It could be worse. This machine could stop beeping. Would that really be bad? To finally escape this world. To escape life.

Beep....

An 8 year old shouldn't be thinking this kind of stuff. I should be playing with toys, eating ice cream, staying up late with friends. It was too late for that now.

Beep....

I couldn't take it anymore. The pain, The snakes, the beeping...the torture I was putting my mom through. I knew I wasn't going to survive. I overheard my mom talking to a doctor when they thought I was asleep. I only had a few months to live. They were just clinging onto false hope that I would maybe keep on breathing.

Beep....

Fools believe in hope.

Beep....

I know I'm never getting out of this room.

Beep....

I'm never going to experience it.

Beep....

Life.

Beep....

It was getting to me. my heart rate began to speed up which caused the monitor to go into a frenzy.

Beep. beep. beep. beep.

The next few seconds went by in a blur. I ripped the tubes and mask off my body.
Beep.....
It hurts. But I couldn't take it.
Beep....

My mom was awake by now as she rushed to me screaming for help and pushing the emergency button.

Beep....

The beeping was still in my mind even though I had been removed from my cage of nightmares.

Beep....

My mother cradled me as doctors and nurses rushed in.

Beep....

I touched her hand and gave her a weak smile. For once I was happy.

Beep....

Tears streamed down her face onto me.

Beep....

I motioned for her to come down closer to me. It was too late for anyone to save me and we both knew that.

Beep....

I whispered my thoughts into her ear. She began to cry even harder.

Beep....

I closed my eyes as I let the darkness wash over me.

Beep....

I was free.

Beep....

As life goes on, I won't mind it going on without me.

Beep.....

" please conquer life without me. I love you."

Beep............

___________________________
Okaì so that was the first story in this various storied collection! Due to past experience I have learned that I am incapable of written stories for long term ( as in continuing with the same plot ) so this is what I created and it even made me cry 😅. So yeah please enjoy! This time I'll actually try to continue with this.