Stopping to think without you.

The first time Slime woke up in this new... Place, he was on Mariana's bed.

It wouldn't be the first time he woke up with Mariana, but the thing is, that he didn't.

Mariana was nowhere to be seen.

His mind went immediately to the thought that he might've gone to Foolish's, and as much as it pains him yes, he is a bit jealous. No reason why.

But as soon as he gets out his communicator and looks at the map, Mariana was indeed in the house.

Maybe he just woke up before Slime, which, was odd considering Slime would always wake up first back when they lived together with- her.

He hadn't been able to say her name ever since he'd been living with Mariana, so, yesterday.

It felt wrong to think about her as gone, when living with Mariana again just like he did back when she wasn't.

He had thought a lot more about what he could've done. More, I mean.

Maybe he could've given her kisses goodnight on the cheek, instead of slapping her when a bit too angry at Mariana.

Maybe he could've been more supportive, buying her dresses and feminine things instead of leaving her with her 'boy' clothes.

Maybe he could've built her a garden. She had always liked flowers, didn't she? Slime wasn't so sure anymore.

Maybe he could've cared.

He didn't.

That was enough thinking. Slime had never particularly liked... Thinking. It always bought him down to bad wording, not understanding himself, and just thinking about her.

He had always loved thinking about her, she was his daughter, wasn't she?

Had he ever told her he loved her? Did she go like Tilin, thinking her dad didn't love her?

This is why he never liked thinking- don't bring up Tilin.

Tilin was an angel.

Slime finally sits up to get out of his thoughts.

He makes sure to solidify himself first, he never wanted to be goopy. It made him feel vulnerable. He didn't want to be vulnerable, especially not here.

Slime traveled down the stairs, who goes down the living room which you have to pass in order to go to the kitchen.

Though something he didn't expect going down was for Mariana to be sleeping on the couch in the living room.

This made his heart ache, for whatever reason.

'Did he really prefer the couch to sleeping next to me? '

He caught himself staring for way too long. At Mariana's closed eyes, Mariana's buried nose on the couch, Mariana's relaxed face, Mariana's semi open mouth breathing slowly.

His whole body covered by the soft blanket that matches the couch, rising slowly by Mariana's breaths.

Charlie takes a deep breath, this was the man he loved. This was the man that killed his child.

Charlie turns around and goes to the kitchen.

-

Charlie was coming back from his geggday. He had left the house early after leaving breakfast for Mariana.