The Gamble (9.6k)

•Written April 2023•

Summary:
"The test is simple. It's a gamble," the administrator for the 107ᵗʰ floor told them. "You each have to relinquish your most dangerous secret — the gamble is that yours won't be the one everyone else sees. Only the one determined to be the most destructive will be revealed to all.

"So you must make the choice: will you gamble that your worst secret is not the worst of all? If any of you choose not to gamble, the whole party cannot progress. You will get one hour after the secret is revealed, and if the party chooses to disband due to discord...none of you can move on to the next floor."

Content Warning for explicit sexual content.

If you would like to not read the explicit section, you can skip from the ❥ to the ❥‖ symbol (the end mark will always be at the beginning of a paragraph to make it easier to spot).

𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚒 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛! 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝙱𝚊𝚖, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚖, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘...𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚕. 𝚂𝚘. 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑. 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢!

_______________________________________

"The test is simple. It's a gamble," the administrator for the 107ᵗʰ floor told them.

Aguero felt pretty good about that. If there was one thing he could do, he could definitely make a good gamble. It might get a bit complicated if they had to rely on all of them being good at gambling, though.

"You each have to relinquish your most dangerous secret — the gamble is that yours won't be the one everyone else sees. Only the one determined to be the most destructive will be revealed to all. So you must make the choice: will you gamble that your worst secret is not the worst of all? If any of you choose not to gamble, the whole party cannot progress. You will get one hour after the secret is revealed, and if the party chooses to disband due to discord…none of you can move on to the next floor."

Aguero swallowed. His worst, most dangerous secret… 

They all already knew about his fraught past with his family. His feelings for Bam, maybe? That could possibly cause some discord in the group, particularly with Endorsi, and of course Bam himself. But surely others would have secrets more impactful than a bit of errant lust? 

Perhaps it was downplaying it to call his feelings for Bam just 'a bit of errant lust', but still. It wasn't anything groundbreaking. (Honestly, who wouldn't love him? It was obvious in the way their entire group revolved around him, Bam operating as the hub that held them all together. He'd made a princess of Jahad throw her oaths directly out the window to chase after him essentially right on first meeting, for fuck's sake. Bam was just…Bam. How could Aguero be blamed for a little bit of intensity?)