Prologue

"I just don't get it." - Satoru always reminds me that he wears his heart on his sleeve, no matter how many times it's caused him such trouble.

"What's there to not get? She left you and went for Toji, it's reasonable given how you treated her." - At this point in our friendship I could care less about what he has to say about his demeanor.

"I feel inclined to let you know that putting it like that is an asshole move, and, I didn't treat her bad. I didn't even get the chance." - White hair hang from my bed while sad, pretty blue eyes stared at me, however, I had to be real for the both of us, basically.

"She probably got word that if she gave you the chance to mistreat her, you would! Enough reason to trade you in for a guy you hate, if I must admit it."

He sat up, acting rather startled, on my bed shaking the bed frame and my stuffed animals, which are all courtesy off him apologizing when he screws up. - "Gurumi, Would you change me for Toji?

"I didn't expect this to hurt you soo much, but I'm sorry to say that I would trade you just for a chance with Toji, he's worth it, in my opinion." - While I shrug my shoulders and open my eyes, I can see the disbelief reach his face, yet I can't help but smile, he's so gullible with me.

He stays quiet for awhile, until he starts angrily typing on his phone, and now I'm thinking about three people he could be texting, and it's really only Suguru, Toji or Nanami. Even though I wanted to know, I imagined he was complaining about what I'd said to Suguru, discarding the other options, until I hear a notification bell from my phone.

<<< Suguru :) >>>

Gurumiii, please open the dorm door, Satoru won't stop bugging me about you being a bitch to him or something like that.

I turned over to the hunched man, sitting on my bed, looking out the window with a lot of anger boiling because of his pettiness.

"Satoru, I was kidding. I wouldn't trade you for the world, and you know that. So stop being a big baby."

He turned to face me, with pouty lips, and crystal eyes, and then bursts out in laughter. He may laugh but I know what I said left a sour taste in his mouth. I waved, as though telling him to calm down, while I went to get the door to an apathic Suguru, annoyed by our friends inability to talk things through without him there, or at least, that's what I thought.

"Hey Guru, Did you calm the big ass tantrum he was having?" - I took awhile to assess his words, mostly because I was staring at him trying to figure out what had happened to him. His hair was messed up, in a very unusual way, his body limp while his eyes looked... well, kind of like his soul just wasn't there any more.

"Gurumi, I know you like me but can you please answer, because I'm not talking to him until he's a rational, normal person again." - Even his words were out of character, Suguru would never admit to any type of feelings, especially romantic, to anyone other than Saturo, unless he was feeling extremely unwell.

"Yeah... Yeah!" - I cleared my throat a little. - "He's okay, at least for now... I'm worried about you right now though, are you okay?"

He, lightly, shoves me out of the door frame, leading himself into the kitchen. As he reaches into the fridge to grab himself a bottle of water, I close the door and brief him in on the Satoru situation. And maybe, perhaps, he was tired, or faded, or tanked, or Lord knows what but he said the most insane thing just as Satoru was coming in to the kitchen with us.

"You know, out of everything I know about him, the only thing that can never possibly become more apparent is his obvious need for your approval, and I'm not sure if it's because he likes you or because you like him, but you two need to figure your shit out and leave me the fuck out of it."

After that he just stormed off, and slammed the door in our faces, Satoru and I really just looked at each other confused as to why Suguru was acting this way.

We were so innocent back in college.

That was the last day we heard of Suguru, well, at least in that period of our lives.