The Change

It is a very strange day, the old woman said to herself. It began to become dark, even though it was only 5:36pm. Every minute it got worse. It poured rain. All the people were going in their cars and in taxi's trying to get home as fast as possible. The old woman knew she had to go into a shelter, but where? She had nothing, no family, no children, no husband...She tried to stop people and ask them to help her get to a shelter, but everybody was unconscious about their surroundings and were only trying to get themselves home. The storm started to shake the trees and blow away the leaves. The old woman found herself walking down a road she didn't even know. She felt like she was in another country.

As she was walking she heard very lovely singing. One side of her wanted to just go straight and ignore the young woman's singing and another side of her wanted to go and figure out where the voice was coming from. As she winched, she saw the number on the door. It was number 611 which was really familiar to her. She went a little closer, until she was in front of the door.

The old woman thought for a minute and finally knocked. It took a minute until a very beautiful lady opened the door. She was wearing a teal dress. Her black braided hair swung from one side to another as she looked at the old woman. She had big green eyes and red lips. The old woman realized that the singing voice was coming from this young lady who had the appearance of an angel and a voice as soft as velvet. As the old woman wanted to open her mouth and say something, the lady scolded her. "What do you want?" she said with a grumpy voice. "Can you help me and let me come in your cottage, until the storm finishes?" the old woman explained with a nervous tone. "Of course I won't! My house is not a cottage and here is not a place for people like you! Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You are so ugly" She looked down at herself and saw her white hair that looked like the silk of a spider's web and so cold that it seemed to be a frosted river. She touched her bumpy skin and felt the clumps of makeup between her wrinkles. The old woman became really unhappy and told the girl that what she said was really disrespectful, but she actually said that in her mind. Before she went, she told the girl to wash herself every morning in the river a few metres ahead; and left. She sat under a tree and started talking to God to make that girl see things in a better way and change herself until she fell asleep.

After that, the girl listened to the old woman and went to the river and washed her face, thinking that it would make her skin smoother than it was already. She looked at herself after a few days. She had turned really ugly. The roots of her hair had turned grey and her face was pale. There were bags under her eyes. Her skin had gotten a lot pimples which were swelling up from different parts. Every day it got worse.

She stopped going near that heavenly river and ran from different directions to find that old woman. From that day on she really thought about her behavior and understood that she was very unkind and always thought about herself.

Months passed and she was still the same. One of those days, when she was walking she heard a sound of crying. Her heart had a warm feeling and she wanted to go and help. She understood that it was a baby, crying and hitting a body. Later, she assumed that that baby lost her parents after the awful accident. She started to cry and went beside the baby and put him on her lap.

After that, she raised the baby like he was her own child. Many of her behaviours changed. She would help people so much. She didn't care a lot anymore about her appearance and turned into a totally different person.

One day as she was feeding the little baby, the old woman knocked. The girl couldn't believe she would see her again. The old woman said "over the past months, I was always watching on you" "I have seen your changes and now it's time for your last change!" "What change?" the girl said eagerly. "You should go to that river and wash your face, and in this way you will turn back to your real appearance. Not only beautiful on the outside but beautiful on the inside too!

From then on, they lived together,

THE END