Any Given Sunday (Epilogue)

"Are you working, baby?
Are you working tonight? (Tonight)

'Cause I got a brand-new bag, oh yeah (oh yeah)

I just touched down in Miami, babe (are you working tonight?)

Make it rain on your stage any given Sunday"

~¥~

Birds.

She heard birds.

Wanda's brow furrowed. How much time had passed? It couldn't have been more than a second. Surely she wasn't awake already...

She squinted her eyes open, sensing a bright light beside him. Sure enough, a scalding white light assaulted her eyes, and she quickly closed them. A groan was caught in the back of her throat, coming out more like a strangled breath.

A melodic chuckle beside her caught his ear, "What? Didn't get enough rest?"

She turned her head towards the voice and forced his eyes open. Bathed in golden and white light, Destiny sat beside her bed, smiling at her as she gently brushed her hair out of Wanda's face.

Wanda paused as her eyes slowly adjusted to the light.

Destiny was sitting in front of her... They were in Wanda's hotel room, The only light actually came from behind Destiny, silhouetting her in a halo of light. She looked...absolutely angelic. And it didn't help that she was wearing a loose and flowing white and gold cardigan. God, was it just her, or was her heart just going wild?

She let go of a very shaky breath and reached out to her.

She had to make sure the girl in front of her was real, make sure she wasn't a dream. Her knuckle brushed against her cheek and she leaned to his touch, her vibrant eyes never leaving Wanda. She let out a shaky laugh, tears burning the corners of his eyes as his heart pounded in his throat. " 'Destiny?" Her voice broke.

Destiny smiled a smile at her that made the world feel right, she gently grabbed Wanda's hand and kissed her knuckles. "Hi, Wand."

A shiver ran through his chest as he shook his head in disbelief, "Are you staying?" She kept her expectations low, fighting down a smile in case this was too good to be true.

"There are a few loose ends left." Destiny's voice was soft and gentle, "But, yes. I'm here to stay.

"Good." Wanda breathed out, she pushed herself to the edge of the bed and pulled Destiny closer to her. Her lips affixed to hers, fitting perfectly together. Wanda inhaled sharply through her nose, her mind nearly melting as she remembered every kiss they had ever shared and locking this kiss into her memory forever.

Destiny cupped her face, "I'm not leaving, ever again." She whispered.

They sat in comfortable silence for minutes afterwards.

"We can go anywhere you want." Destiny told her lover, not loving an inch. "Really?"

"Yeah, any country, any city, wherever you want baby." Destiny ran her hand through Wanda's hair.

"Switzerlands nice, don't you think?" Wanda asked, getting up from her bed.

"I'll get us a spot there, government will never know, we can live in peace for as long as we want." Destiny stretched.

"Mmm." Wanda walked into her hotel

"How big you want it?" Destiny glanced at the woman she loved. Wanda was rubbing her neck an action that seemed to be frequent ever since her imprisonment.

The thought angered Destiny, but it was calmed, she wouldn't let her emotions ruin this moment.

"Just needs to be in the city." Wanda responded, "I don't care where we go, as long as we are together." Wanda admitted.

The two walked into the kitchen together, Wanda going to the fridge to make breakfast.

"What if they come for us?" Wanda questioned.

"I have a favor to use with a certain prince." Destiny responded, recalling her favor with T'Challa.

Destiny Davis was starting to enjoy her new life as an Avenger, or a former one. But this time there was nothing to take it away from her, she was content.

Despite the trials and tribulations she had earned a peaceful life with the woman she loved.

Or had she.

Destiny Davis will return.

•~¥~•