1

The main four are 16

         Kin and Kon stared pitifully at Laney. They knew about her crush on Corey, everyone did. Except for Corey himself. It was a terrible sight to watch their friend like someone who'd treated her only as a good friend.

Of course, Corey had often showed physical affection to Laney, and Laney only. Though it made sense, since they had knew each-other since preschool. It was only natural that he would treat her like a sister.

"Kin what should we do about Laney?" Kon asked with a frown on his face. Pity was painted all over their faces.

Kin thought long and hard. It was a difficult situation. What could be the solution to this vendetta? How would this be resolved without hurting either party.

An idea had popped up in his mind, and he smiled.

"I have a crazy plan that just might work."

[Stolen catch phrase transition!]

Kin had been cooped up in his side of the garage for days, fixing up a possible solution. He'd occasionally leave to collect some supplies, including a piece of Laney's hair, but always kept it a secret. The others were left curious, and often checked on him from time to time.

All the band members wondered aloud what the new 'invention' could possibly be.

"How long is he gonna work on that thing?" Laney began. "It must be pretty important for him to spend that much time in it."

"I don't know fella, I'll go check on him," Corey spoke up.

"Whatcha doing Kin?" Corey asked, approaching his band mate's make shift lab. He slid the curtain open.

"It's nothing!" Kin exclaimed, covering his invention and clutching it protectively.

"If it takes you that many days to work on it, then it must be something," Laney said, rolling her eyes.

"Sorry Laney, but I can't tell you. It's for your sake," Kin thought.

"Come on, can't you just show us?" Corey pleaded.

Kin shook his head. "Nope, sorry. It's top secret." He gave his brother a look, signalling Kon to change the topic.

Though Kon didn't have any idea what Kin was making, he complied.

"So, Corey, Laney. Have you heard of the new Peaceville ice cream shop that opened recently?"

Corey's eyes lit up. "Yeah! We should really go."

"Why don't we go now?" Laney suggested.

"You read my mind, Lanes!" Corey smiled, heading out the garage.

"Last one there has to pay for everyone's ice cream!" Kon yelled.

The three of them rushed out of the garage, while Kin sighed in relief. He pulled out his phone and texted Kon.

Kin:
Thanks bro. I'm almost done, so by the time you come back it'll be ready.

Kon:
can't you at least tell me what it is?!

Kin:
it'll be a surprise...

[Kin is almost done transition!]

Kon, Laney and Corey walked into the garage to find Kin holding a plate of blueberry pancakes.

"You want some?" Kin said, holding out the plate in front of him.

"YES!!!" Corey exclaimed excitedly.