CHAPTER 1

Inara's pov

It's 5 August . The rain has been pouring down the whole city and the sweet smell of mud has surrounded the whole of Delhi , especially Okhla . I opened the window of my house to enjoy the fresh breeze and it brought a smile on my face, and a few drops of water on the floor of my house . Which I obviously don't care about , I will sweep the floor later . The rain added to a soothing effect to my heart and reduced my worries a little bit.

I hummed a soft tune , while walking towards my kitchen . I started chopping the bar of Dairy milk , in order to put it in the centre of cake . Today my parents were coming to the city from village .

I was quite worried because abbu's reports were not fine. His kidney function dropped to 25 percent and in recent days , he had been experiencing muscle cramps , vomitings , shortness in his breath and nauseas . But he was avoiding all of it , for a long time , saying he will take a test for this later on . Maybe he also knew that his reports were not going to be fine and he will be needing a treatment which would cost a heavy amount of money to him .

It wouldn't have been a problem if we were rich but we are not. Abbu have a monthly income of 20,000 rs . He works as a context writer for a local newspaper. It's not like he doesn't work hard enough or that it wasn't enough for me and my family while growing up . But as I grow up and my father sent me to Delhi to study in Jamia , and rented a pg for me . The expenses of house has been divided and Zubair's constant need for rupees is more stressful . Even though he is my younger brother , he wants to compete with me in everything. If I get 2000 rs for a book , he needs it to . But not for a book but for having fun with his friends . Studying has never been a thing on his to-do list.

Zubair was coming today too and I knew he will destroy my mental peace and annoy the hell out of me . But Zubair wasn't the concern today . Money was . Even though I forcely called abbu to the city and told him that I will arrange money for his dialysis , I don't have a proper job because I have just completed my Masters in History and was planning to do a PHD . The only job I have is teaching younger kids tution and it only earns me around 10,000 rs per month.

I don't know what he will think after he knows that I don't have much money arranged for him . I have only 40,000 rupees in my savings account which would only help his dialysis for one-month only . Nevermind I will just teach tution to more kids . I charge 3000 rs from each , so I will teach 15 kids . Hardwork has never been an issue for me .

I thought to myself and smiled slightly at my brilliant plan .

--------

It's 5 August. One year have passed . It was another day of regretting my stupid plan. It was way too unrealistic but my stupid self couldn't see a better idea with no degree. I never included the time in the schedule which was 2 hours for each kid and I couldn't possibly teach 15 kids from 2 hours. It would cost me 30 hours a day which I didn't had . On top of that mostly kids studied tuition from 4:00 pm onwards because in the morning they have school.

Due to all this I took a loan. Not from the bank because of the lack of collateral , but from one of my batchmate Ayan Hashmi. He belonged to a rich family and offered to give me loan when I told him about my problem. He didn't asked for anything back , just said he will take the collateral on time and when he feels I am ready to offer that. It have left me confused , but I have not pondered over it a lot.

My brain and heart already have a lot of pressure and even though I am carrying all this , it doesn't mean it's not heavy .

My whole family has shifted here completely and we were living in a single room flat with 1bhk flat . There was 1 bedroom only attached to a small kitchen and 1 bathroom . Zubair always whined about the small place and abbu always whined about me, not spending enough time with him . He didn't wanted me to work this hard and spend some time with him . But how could I possibly do it ? I was working for him only .