painkillers

— 🗡️—

MARINA MELVILLE

she'd been vecna's pawn since 1983.

will should've noticed the smirk in the mirror as he raced through the house that fateful day. a pair of lips, upturned in a knowing, murderous pair smirk.

except it all went according to plan. marina had done it — singled out the weakest link. he was in the upside down.

1984 . They had done it — saved the boy. Marina cursed her name for months, vecna speaking to her through painful nightmares and her breakdowns. and then the hargorve teen showed up. he was so cool — at least tried to be. marina knew better. she got onto his good side, and by the next summer, he was food for the giant monster she had come to know as the mindflayer.

but that stupid, reckless band of teenagers did it again. saved the day! of course they did.

but vecna had a plan. and marina? marina had no choice but to listen. and as she watched each victim fall to their grim fates, she knew every wrong step led her closer to the very thing she led others to. she had seen the clock, after all. she knew how it felt to have vecna right in front of you, the veiny figure about to murder you. why he saved her? he needed someone to do his worldly jobs for him. to be the painkiller.

MARINA MELVILLE [ 🔗 ] I'M LAUGHING , I'M CRYING , IT FEELS LIKE I'M DYING

she/her • 18 • the pawn

" and that , edward munson , is what i call checkmate "

A/N :

A/N : ... nothing.