1: Just for a Bit

It was dark.

That was his first thought. As he sat there, hands hugging both his knees towards his chest. Heaving a sigh, he can't help feeling dejected. The warmth accompanying the darkness is solely the reason he hasn't lost his mind yet.

Humming in contentment, a small smile graced his face. One that's hidden against his arms. His hair covered a portion of his face as he relaxed into oblivion.

Something unfamiliar wafted and unfurl from his heart. It made him question exactly what it was, with a loss of a word to place this feeling. Although he wasn't so eager to reject it just because it wasn't doing him any harm.

This kind of emotion, he knew, he wasn't allowed to have. Nor express it to anyone. Not even to himself. As he was in charge of only one emotion.

And that was sorrow.

Or sadness.

Something dull and depressing to represent. Something he viewed as rather gray and monotonous. It lacks life or anything spectacular to it. Why doesn't it include black or white? So that the very least, he can have an option.

Yet that was who he is.

It belongs to him. His one and only treasure.

A playful slap on his back jolts him out of his unconscious state. Causing him to look up in surprise to see who it was. A small frown made its way across his sad face, as he was met with a bright yellow claw. "Hey, Aizetsu! You awake?!"

The person in front of him boisterously questions with a grin. His golden eyes inscribed with the number four. With one reading "upper".

The grin never left his face as he dropped to a kneel playfully in front of Aizetsu who stared at the newcomer in front of him silently. Having not yet spoken besides showcasing his displeasure at being awoken. Prying him out of his peace zone easily, without effort.

This bastard-

"You listening??" A wave of a talon in front of him sent Aizetsu into a sulking state. Glancing away. "Hey-!"

"What do you want?" He finally spoke in a low voice when the other rested their claw hand on his shoulders. Refusing to meet the other's eye. "Urogi."

"So you're awake!" Of course I am.. Aizetsu retorted internally. "Come on! Don't be like that..! Cheer up, Aizetsu!"

Urogi's claws switched from Aizetsu's shoulder to his face. Careful not to cut him accidentally with his sharp nails. It wasn't like it'll scar him or anything. Placing them gently against the sorrow demon's face. Half caressing his left cheek as he continued. "You know, sometimes I wish you can feel how I feel. A splash of joy..! Wouldn't that be nice on your face for once?"

Without so much as an answer, Aizetsu smacked Urogi's right claw away from his face. The one that was giving him so much more kindness than he deserved.

This kind of friendliness only occurs when the other two aren't close by or there with them. Which, at that moment, they weren't.

"Cut it." Aizetsu muttered in a monotone.

The demon of joy looked slightly shocked at the sudden coldness. And Aizetsu feel him letting go of his other cheek. Spotting the shift in aura, the gear inside Aizetsu's head begins to turn. Forcing himself to think of something to appease the other's hurt.

But the only thing that came out of him was a sort of soft whine. "Sorry.." He finally spills out after getting strangled with a series of depression coursing through his vein.

What would getting engulfed in jubilation feel like anyway?

He couldn't imagine it. If anything, he would be way out of character. He had never gone further than a hesitant, small smile. Or a bow of respect.