One • Luke tested my patience

Luke Robert Hemmings was inscribed on his light green nameplate.

"Hi." I greeted while twiddling my thumbs. I looked around the black room. A huge bulletin board hung from one side, the wall near the door. The whole board was a chaos, filled with plans and announcements. I kept on reminding myself that it was the Student Council's office (although it looked punk rock like its officers). Not some love advice booth. But for the sake of my crush since middle school, Nathan Yale, I have to do this.

"As you can see, I am in need help of your help." I continued in a feeble manner, clutching the handle of my sling-bag.

Luke, the president of the student council leaned in, and raised an eyebrow. I intently looked back at him and asked myself, "why did the students voted for him?" He was just not what I expected him to be.

His blonde hair was gelled up like a troll, and he has a lip ring in which rumor has it became one of the reasons for his probable impeachment. No one would want to see a student council president wandering around the campus with a lip ring on. He has to be a good example. A good role model or shall I say, a law-abiding student.

The only thing he obeyed was the wearing of school uniform. However, as the president, he had already been appealing to the school administrators to amend the laws and make it a uniform-free campus.

I strongly disagree on such terrible plea. I do not have enough civilian clothes for school. I even go to mass on Sundays with repetitive clothes. If such thing happens, it would only result to me wearing the same blue faded jeans every day in school. The jocks and the sluts will definitely make me their laughingstock.

Seeing him in a white polo and dark blue pants became the only thing that will make the student body consider him as someone worthy of respect.

I have not really known Luke until he pinned a poster on our educational institution's bulletin board. Inscribed on it was his new project, "Take It From Luke", an hour of advice session with the one and only self-proclaimed student expert.

For today, I am in need of Luke Hemmings' help. And I have to act as if I like his existence although in reality, I definitely not.

Upon entering the room, I told him about Nathan.

"I think... you could help... me get noticed... by him." I muttered, feeling my cheeks heating up after saying those words. I have never talked about my crush on Nathan to anyone. I kept it hidden inside of me like a buried treasure, waiting to be unlocked.

I think, I finally found my key. Luke Hemmings, the person whom I wanted to share my secret with. I don't trust him, but I trust his Take it From Luke project. One of the rules is: Everything that has been talked about inside the Advice Room shall stay inside the Advice Room or else, the officers will be issuing a penalty for those who do. If its the officers' fault, the student body has the right to give the penalty.

I definitely wanted neither of us to get a penalty so we better keep our mouths shut.

Leaning back, Luke chuckled. I gave him a blank expression, unable to grasp why he was not taking this conversation slash session seriously.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid there is nothing I can do to help you." he motioned to the door, asking me to leave. I did not even take an hour. It has only been five minutes. Five freaking minutes of my time has been wasted.

"What do you mean?" I asked dumbfoundingly.

"I'm not even friends with Nathan." his words struck me like a lightning bolt. I have two words that I was able to formulate in my mind: Douche bag. How can he even say he's not friends with Nathan?

"You liar, I saw you with him the other night after your meeting. You were talking to each other!" I feel my cheeks heating up once again, this time, not from embarrassment, but from extreme outrage. I slowly rose from my seat, ready to strike him at any second with a bread knife which I always keep inside my bag.

"Sorry, but talking to each other is not my definition of friends." likewise, he stood, grabbing me by the arms, forcing me to leave.

"And what is your definition of friends?" I asked, and it happened to be the worst question. He leaned in, making my heart stop, at the same time race like a hare. "Friends. Well, I don't talk to my friends... I kiss them."

---- ---- ---- ----

Goal: 100 Reads and 15 Votes 🙌💕🌚

"Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on." My fourteenth story on Wattpad, yay! Did you enjoy the first chapter? Well, next chapter will be better. I love you guys.