four.

Edmund was holding a hand behind his back, finding his posture, as he did sword-training with Caspian

Caspian was the first to swing. He came forward elegantly and swung; Edmund managed to wield his sword perfectly because when the swords met a CLANG was made.

They both caught each other's gaze and seemed to falter, but Edmund broke out of the dreamy daze and took Caspian's waver to his advantage.

Aiming anywhere in Caspian's direction, Edmund swung his sword. Soon, Caspian caught up with Edmund's quick, offensive swings. Their swords were moving so fast they could barely see them -- they both were running off adrenaline and intuition at that point.

Caspian swung his sword and Edmund barely dodged it. He twirled and swung at the brunet, though Caspian seemed to know what Edmund was going to do because their blades caught again.

They smiled, feeling the world drift away from them as they only focused on each other.

Caspian was gaining control of the fight -- it made Edmund almost want to give up but he found strength.

Edmund was attacking Caspian so quickly, that the brunet had no choice but to move into space, backing up to the rooms they had just come from.

Caspian twirled unexpectedly, making Edmund miss a swing at him. As they both panted and stood in a fighting stance, Edmund made the first move and swung his blade. Their blades met but it felt different. Maybe it was because the raven-haired boy knew that Caspian was gaining his control back.

Caspian twirled again, but his sword never left Edmund's -- so it made it tricky to hold onto. Edmund lost control of his weapon.

The brunet hit Edmund's sword hard, and, suddenly, Caspian's face was centimetres away from his own and their heavy breathing mixed. Edmund gasped in surprise.

They both smiled at each other; their eyes never leaving the other's. They were both panting and tired, but they felt like they could stay there forever.

Edmund couldn't stop looking at Caspian's eyes, which was how he noticed that Caspian was no longer looking into his eyes but on his lips.

He felt Caspian lean more into him, and, since their faces were now closer, their breathing seemed to combine more than it already had.

Edmund couldn't stop himself. He properly looked at Caspian -- sort of checking him out.

His face was sweating so much that it shined and made him look even more beautiful. His shirt had started rolling up a bit during the fight, and he could see part of his tanned skin.

Edmund felt like pulling Caspian into him and never letting him leave him, but he knew better.

Caspian had won the fight and was now looking at Edmund. His eyes, his lips... Caspian had barely any self-control in that moment. It took everything in him not to pull Edmund toward him and kiss him senseless, so he occupied himself by looking at his body.

Edmund had a shirt on but it was drenched with sweat, so it was sticking to his skin, showing his elegant hips.

Caspian dropped his sword. Edmund caught his gaze and looked at him, confused.

The brunet placed his hands on the other boy's hips, pulling him in slightly -- Edmund gasped.

Oh, that sound. Caspian almost lost it. But then:

"Cas?"

Instantly, Caspian's senses came back to him. He could hear applauding, so that meant everyone was looking at them.

Caspian smiled at Edmund. He let him go and clapped him on the back.

"You've grown stronger, my friend," he said, trying to make it seem like he hadn't just tried to kiss Edmund.

Edmund was still breathing heavily, so as he calmed, he said: "Seems I have."

Chuckling, they looked at each other one last time before turning away.

"Alright! Back to work!" The Captain yelled.

•••

Someone passed Edmund a cup of water. "Your highness," they said as they bowed before walking away.

"Oh, thank you."

He walked over to Lucy, who was by the side of the ship. She smiled at him, but her face soon turned serious.

"Edmund, do you think if we keep sailing to the end of the world, we'll just..." She faked a small laugh, "...tip of the edge?"

Edmund took a sip of his water before saying, "Don't worry, Lu, we're a long way from there."

Dramatically, Eustace climbed out from a trap door and walked up to the two siblings, brushing himself off. "I see you're still talking nonsense the two of you," he said arrogantly.

He leaned on the edge of the ship next to Edmund, crossing his arms. Edmund glanced at him, annoyed, but didn't say anything.

"Are you feeling any better?" Lucy asked politely.

"Yes, no thanks to you. It's lucky I have an iron constitution." Edmund made a face at his cousin. Him? Have an iron constitution? Ha!

Reepicheep walked over to them, leaning on a rope as he said, "As effervescent as ever, I see. Find your sea legs, then?"

Eustace scoffed. "Never lost them. Simply dealing with the shock of things." Edmund looked at his cousin, questioningly. "Mother says I have an acute disposition due to my intelligence." Edmund snorted out the water he was drinking.

Reepicheep, looking at Lucy, said, "I don't think he has a 'cute' anything." Lucy had to stifle a laugh.

Eustace leaped up, from where he was standing, and began to walk away, saying: "I'll have you know, as soon as we find civilization, I'm contacting the British Consul. Having you all arrested for kidnapping!"

Accidentally, he walked into Caspian, who was smirking. Eustace looked up at Caspian and cowered away.

"Kidnapping, is it?" The brunet said, cocking an eyebrow. "Well, that's funny, I thought we saved your life."

"You held me against my will!" Eustace said, gesturing to the ship.

Reepicheep, enjoying this, laughed: "Ha!"

Caspian narrowed his eyes, still smirking. "Did I?"

"In, what I must say, the most unhygienic quarters!" Caspian shared a side-eye with Edmund, before turning back to Eustace. "It's like a -- It's a zoo down there!" The young boy pointed at the trapdoor.

Reepicheep sighed. "He's quite the complainer, isn't he?"

Edmund looked into the distance when saying, moodily, "He's just warming up."

Suddenly, someone from above yelled, "Land Ho!"