Forever Red (Chapter 1)

Full Moons and Dark Nights are perfect for creatures of the night but what some don't know is anyone and everyone could become dinner in the eyes of Vampires. The so-called "Vampires" that is said to be myths and blood seeking beast who stalk and lure humans and in this case...it's very much true 🩸

Erika's POV

The job of a hunter can be hard especially with so much death lurking around the corners and knowing these things could drive a simple civilian to madness over different dangers and conspiracies. The only reason I haven't been thrown to madness is because I grew up knowing about these different myths and legends and how some things are not always what they seem. For example, Unicorns may look amazing but they're actually dangerous and feast on flesh to stay looking so good. I admit that knowing that information scared me but at the same time I was fascinated to learn more about them and other creatures. School was barely important to me once I knew what I knew and my social life was definitely not anything to care about because I was too into studying the supernatural. Since growing up to be a hunter was not something my Dad wanted because of the fact a demon killed my mother...it's been quite a lot hearing "you don't need to get into this type of life", "Im doing this to get revenge for your mother", "This is a dangerous job. Promise me you won't go down this road."

Well...years have gone by and I broke my promise. I'm now 20 and I've been a hunter for a good five years. Ever since my Dad went missing and I have no one else, I figured I'd hunt and murder anyone who got in the way of me looking for him. I can still remember my first kill and it was very very bloody but it gave me a chance to improve myself mentally and physically. Lucky for me, it was only one recently turned vampire but unfortunately that just meant they were unpredictable and more dangerous for a beginner hunter like I was.

Looking back on it I think the fun part was when I staked their heart and craved more of a battle. Lucky for me I somehow always come across vampires and made a name for myself as the "She-Devil" but my only concern is my father and making things right for anyone killed so inhumanly.

Now here I am looking at a crime scene that has taken place at a Bookstore with books scattered all over the place, blood splattered across bookshelves and a couple drained bodies with bite marks on their neck and their eyes open as if they looked for an escape route or hoping to just die painlessly..

"Tragedy indeed" I say as I walk out the bookstore and away into an alley where I saw two vampires feasting on a lady while her young son watched silently no doubt traumatized.

I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor kid and then the next thing I know, one of the vampires leaps towards me with their fangs showing and lots of hissing attempting to bite me. I quickly draw my wooden stake and launch towards them aiming right for the heart as they scream and burst into flames......

Looking over at the the second vampire snacking on the mother. "You can either run away or die next. The choice is yours" I say as I walk towards them while pulling out my second stake keeping eye contact with it...