01

cw ; bad grammar , not proofread

xxx

diluc
(name), this is my 2nd time
reminding you to not run
in the hallway.what if you
fall? i'm tired to remind you.

the red haired male furrowed his eyebrows as he held your hand to prevent you from running again.

name
sorry,diluc.i was in a hurry...

you apologized.though, it doesn't sound genuine — you weren't even in a hurry, you just thought walking is rather a waste of time.besides, running is way more faster compared to walking.everyone knows that.

however, diluc would always think otherwise so he immediately frowns at your statement.

diluc
fine, whatever.just fix your
clothing.you look like a mess.

you let out an offended gasp as you narrowed your eyes.there's no way you'd let someone like him to insult you like that.

you muttered a 'whatever' to him and fixed your clothes a bit,hoping you'd look tidy now.

name
are you happy now?

you slightly scoffs at him while diluc could only furrow his eyebrows more,if it's possible.

diluc
you're free to go,i guess.

you smiled with pride and was about to run before you felt diluc's sharp glares on you so you immediately smiled awkwardly and walked away instead of running.

now,back to business.your current task is to find your best friend and retrieve your lunch back — that's right,he just took your lunch and ran away with it, probably trying to make you angry again and then teases your angry expression.

as you walked inside the cafeteria,you immediately scanned around the place,maybe he's blending in the crowd by putting on his green hat but that would make your job easier,no one in your school ever dare to wear a green hat other than your bestfriend,venti.

while the others were scared of wearing any hat since diluc might take it,venti would always bring it with him and excuse himself by saying ;

"i work somewhere around this area and i need to bring this hat!"

and diluc would believe that even though no restaurant or workplace requires you to wear green hat around the school area.maybe diluc never bothered to check out the stores or restaurants.

while you were thinking,you spotted the familiar green hat around the same place where you and venti would eat.

i guess he's just not that creative with hiding...

name
found you!now, give back my
lunch.i'm starving.

venti
why should i?

you frowned at his response — he'd always say that if he ever stole one of your items,what make you even more mad was that he'd give you a smirk,an annoying one.

without hesitation, you tried to take your lunch back but venti pulled it away.

venti
nuh uh, if you want it,
you need to admit who's
your crush.

name
venti, i don't have the time
for this.don't you get it? i . am .
starving!

you repeated your words,slowly getting mad at his childish behaviour.seriously though,who even ask that these years? people seriously need to learn the word 'privacy'...

suddenly, you heard footsteps behind you.

diluc
what's wrong? are you
picking a fight now?

name
diluc! i'm not picking a
fight with him, venti
stole my food and he
won't give it back.

diluc switched his gaze to venti who's currently sweating slightly — maybe it's because one of the strict  prefect is literally standing right in front of him and you just act like diluc's your friend.

diluc
venti, please give (name)
her lunch back.

he ordered and venti immediately comply the orders, he didn't want to mess with diluc and got his name reported to the discipline teacher.

with diluc's usual cold looks, he nodded to you and walked away, not wanting to bother the both of you anymore.besides,he has works to do other than hanging out with people or wasting his times talking.

venti
why'd you act like he's
your friend?! he's the
head prefect...

name
because...oh, wait, he
is?!

how could you not know that? he literally is the one who would get announced on the school's stage to give some speech when the headmaster isn't there! did you always zone out or sleep all of the time?

i mean...school's assembly is boring so no wonder why you would always sleep during it.

you kinda felt regrets filling you up since the amount of time you had disrespected him and also the way you treat him like he's only an ordinary prefect is so shameful.

and the fact you stole half of his school's stuff because he sat next to you...

maybe you should start apologizing to him.

after you finished eating of course!

xxx

you knocked on diluc's desk and he immediately turned his head to you.

diluc
focus on the class.we
might get caught.

name
just let me talk to you
for a moment..

diluc sighed and decided to pay attention to you,only for a while though.

diluc
make it quick.

name
i want to apologize to you...

namei want to apologize to you

800+ words